Thursday, January 14, 2021

Lamentations 3:24 - "Less of Me"

I absolutely love hearing from the Lord. I prayed before going to sleep last night for His direction with sermons after January. He woke me at 3:30 with ideas. I was so sleepy I couldn't get awake to write them down. I prayed He would give me recollection this morning if it was Him speaking and not just my human thoughts. Woo hoo God! He is so, so good. I am reminded of a song popular right now called Less Like Me. This is my daily prayer. I know the only way I can hear Him is to walk in obedience to His will. If I truly desire to be who He desires me to be, I will strive to live a Christ-like life.

I want to put You first above all else
Love my neighbor as myself
In the moments no one sees
Lord, help me be
One, two, three

A little more like mercy, a little more like grace
A little more like kindness, goodness, love, and faith
A little more like patience, a little more like peace
A little more like Jesus, oh, a little less like me
A little more of living everything I preach
A little more like Jesus, a little less like me
Oh, a little less like me

I so desire people to see/hear Him instead of me. My daily goal is to please Him. I know I fall short but I also know I make Him proud. He blesses me in abundance daily. He encourages me greatly. The other day I was chatting with 'one of my boys' from Willard. He told me he had watched the video of me preaching. His next words brought tears to my eyes. "yeh pastor doc would be proud you are still going." Wow, God! Those words encourage me greatly. God is the only reason I am who I am today. He is the only way I have been able to not only get through these last months but to glorify Him through them. My daily prayer is to be more like Him and less like me. I am reminded this morning of the wise words in Lamentations 3:24.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for all the ways You bless and encourage me! Thank You for the ways You love on me! Thank You for speaking to me and empowering me to not only hear You but walk in obedience to You! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I desire to have less of me heard/seen. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. Lord, there are so many who need a touch from You today. I pray Your peace over Bobbie's family and Amber Larntz and her family. I pray You will go before Don Lain, Rick McCartney, and Joanne DeVoe as they have procedures. I also pray for Mary Lilley and her family with different situations going on right now. I pray for Sheri with her mother's health issues, for different ones in my family who are struggling physically, and Bill and Nada. May You be greater than all of these. I pray people will be put in the paths of all of these dear ones who will be You to them. Most of all I pray for spiritual needs. May You become more to all of us. Thank You Jesus for being My Portion! Amen.

No comments: