Saturday, January 2, 2021

Psalm 3; Lamentations 3: 22-23 - "Amadeo (Still My God)"



God took me to Psalm 3 this morning. I read it in different versions and was reminded of a friend who I prayed over last night. She had an unexpected death in her family yesterday that was so hard. She was already experiencing upheaval with other areas of life so emotions were strong. Life is overwhelming for her. I am thankful she has God to depend upon. I pray her faith stays strong. This morning as I read Psalm 3, I was reminded of David's faith as he struggled with his enemies. He was able to sleep at night in God's protection (vs 5-6). In The Passion Translation verses seven and eight are entitled The Secret of Strength. God's strength is realized as we exercise our faith in Him and keep our focus on Him.

I simply cry out to you:
“Rise up and help me, Lord! Come and save me!”
And you will slap them in the face,
breaking the power of their words to harm me.
My true hero comes to my rescue,
for the Lord alone is my Savior.
What a feast of favor and bliss he gives his people!

David realized God's strength in a mighty way. We can do the same. All we have to do is have faith and trust Him with every aspect of our life. He desires to guide us through life with every breath we take. He desires to love on us with such love that we will know He is with us 24/7. When we go through 'tough' days, He desires for us to cry out to Him and allow Him to comfort us. He desires us to praise Him through the storms of life. Praising Him makes the enemy mad, He may retaliate to the point we feel like we are going to break. We must remember God is greater than anything that comes our way. We also must remember the 'tough' times are not always from the enemy. God uses 'tough' times to stretch our faith. Jeremiah shared in Lamentations 3 about how God was with him in times of distress just as David shared in Psalm 3. A verse I hold near to my heart is Lamentations 3:22-23. It reads in the New King James Version:

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

Praise His Holy Name for this promise! He is faithful as He guides us through 'tough' days. He never fails us even when we fail him. This morning I am encouraged by the words of Ryan Stevenson's song Amadeo (Still My God). He wrote of this song:

Amadeo is a latin word meaning ‘Lover of God’ or ‘I Love You God.’ The song Amadeo (Still My God) meaning is really simple. We’re all just people, human, and we’re fragile. We live in an uncertain world where we’re going to face uncertainties, trials and struggles. My heart & my prayer is that no matter what we go through, whatever battles we face, whatever struggles we find ourselves up against that we can just continue to stay rooted and established in our beloved identity. Whatever the circumstances are in our life we can say Amadeo. I love You and I trust You. No matter what my situation is You are still my God.

Life can take our breath away
Tragedy can leave a wake
A broken heart won't ever beat the same
Pain can stop us in our tracks
Losing what we can't get back
Shaking the foundations of our faith

No matter what's in my way
No matter the battles I face

You are still my God
You're still my rock
My only hope Lord, You're all I've got
In every valley or mountaintop
I'll say hallelujah
You're still my God 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for being exactly what we need to get through 'tough' days on this earth so we can live in the hope of eternal life with You! Thank You for Doc living out his life on this earth with You so he could spend eternity with You! Thank You for friends like Elizabeth who spend time with me! Thank You for opportunities to pray with ones like another friend last night! I pray she will bask in Your presence in these 'tough' days. Thank You for technology that allowed another friend and I to 'watch' the football game together last night even though we are hundreds of miles apart! Lord, cleanse me so You can use me today. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Lord, may I live in expectation of all You have in store for me. I praying healing for all dealing with COVID. The list of ones I know continue to grows. I pray Your presence will be experienced by all. I pray the same for Sterling who is having complications from chemo and for Marsha's Daddy as he goes through treatments. Thank You for being My God! Amen.