Saturday, January 23, 2021

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Exodus 14:14; Jeremiah 17:7 - "There Was Jesus"


Anxiety is real. It is something people struggle with from time to time. Unfortunately, some people seem to struggle with it every day. This saddens my heart. God's peace is available to all. I struggle with what stops people from receiving His peace. I have continued through the 'tough' days over the last few months to lean into II Timothy 1:7. The Holy Spirit empowers me to not fear the days ahead but instead to allow Him to direct me through them. I also lean into Proverbs 3:5-6 in trusting God to direct me where He so desires me to be. I was thinking this morning these are two of the four verses from the January sermon series. The other two are Exodus 14:14 and Jeremiah 17:7. When we live out II Timothy 1:7, Proverbs 3:5-6, and Exodus 14:14 we will experience Jeremiah 17:7. I have a couple dear friends who try to do this but continue with experiencing great anxiety. My heart breaks for them and I continue to pray for breakthroughs in their life. I pray for their trust in God to go deeper and for them to gain insight into how they can experience His peace. There is no better place to live than in His peace. As I look back on my life, I am amazed at the things that have happened and yet here I am living in His peace. I should not be amazed at what God does because He is a miracle worker. I should not be amazed at how He continues to provide exactly what I need because that is who He is. My Heavenly Father. I am no different than anyone else. He does not love me more than the next person. Some people have told me He must love me more than them because I am always being blessed. That is not true. He blesses everyone as we allow Him. His blessings are there for all of us when we will accept them. He does not bless one person more than another because of a different level of love. He blesses us all as we will allow. I know if I did not stand on the empowerment of II Timothy 1:7 and allow Him to be in control of my life my days would be different. Once again, the song There Was Jesus is on my mind this morning.

In the waiting, in the searching
In the healing, in the hurting
Like a blessing buried in the broken pieces
Every minute, every moment
Where I've been or where I'm going
Even when I didn't know it
Or couldn't see it

There was Jesus
On the mountains
In the valleys
There was Jesus
In the shadows
Of the alleys

There was Jesus
In the fire, in the flood
There was Jesus
Always is and always was, oh

No, I never walk alone
Never walk alone
You're always there

Jesus is always there for us. He is there in the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. He wants to love on us and desires us to love on Him. He wants to be our strength as we lean into Him. He is always ready to direct us as we allow Him. What an awesome God He is! Praise His Holy Name for loving on us so greatly!

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving us so greatly! Thank You for providing for me to be here with my Momma to celebrate her 90th birthday! Thank You for all the cards and flowers she received! Thank You for another day of life! May You direct my steps to where You desire them to go. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. May You be greater than anything that comes my way. Lord, You know the prayers of my heart for this day and I pray You will be so very real as I continue to seek Your will. I pray for Your words, attitude, thoughts, and actions to be mine. I pray for my two friends who are struggling with anxiety to find Your peace. May they realize the end of themselves so they can experience You in a greater way. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: