Thursday, January 28, 2021

Jeremiah 17:7 - "Less Like Me"

God is so, so good! I was blessed in abundance yesterday by Him when a friend from high school stopped on his way home from Florida and took me to lunch. It was great to talk about our classmates and find out where they are, what they are doing, etc. The best part about lunch was when God showed up in mighty way. I asked the waitress how we could pray for her and she shared they were moving and needing prayers. We prayed and within minutes she came by our table and thanked us for praying. She received a text from her husband that the landlord had called and they were going to be able to move in Monday. She said they did not have a move-in date and were getting antsy. Wow, God! It was so exciting for me to tell her God answers prayers. Sometimes the answers come quickly and other times we have to wait but He always answers our prayers. I pray every day to make a difference in someone's life. Yesterday God blessed me with this situation. I know I was there in that place at the right time for Him to show His glory. Praise His Holy Name! This morning I awoke early with the words to Less Like Me that Zach Williams wrote.

Somebody with a hurt that I could have helped
Somebody with a hand that I could have held
When I just can't see past myself
Oh Lord, help me be

A little more like mercy, a little more like grace
A little more like kindness, goodness, love, and faith
A little more like patience, a little more like peace
A little more like Jesus, a little less like me

If I were not seeking a Christ-like life, I would not have the blessings such as the one I received yesterday. If I were focused on myself instead of Him, I would not have been able to answer the question, 'How do you know God is speaking to you?' If I were concerned about the little things of life, I would not have opportunity to trust Him. I keep going back to Jeremiah 17:7.


I trust Him with all my heart. He is my Hope and my Confidence. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! I am so in love with Him and grateful for the way He loves me. He knows exactly what I need to be encouraged and provides. I need more of Him and less of me to shine brightly through the day ahead. 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for my friend Lee who stopped by and took me to lunch and replaced the battery in my smoke detector! I pray for safe travels for him today as he completes his trip. Thank You for our Bible study group last night! Thank You for the day ahead! I don't know that I will leave the house but I pray You will present me with opportunities to speak life into someone today. I pray You are proud of me and will continue to bless me with opportunities to love on others with Your love. Lord, the only way this can happen is for You to cleanse me so You can fill me with Your Holy Spirit. May the line in this song become reality. A little more like Jesus, a little less like me. Woo hoo! Lord, empower me with Your wisdom as I bring together what You have laid on my heart for Sunday. I pray for a physical touch upon my shoulder. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope and My Confidence! Amen.

No comments: