Friday, January 8, 2021

Numbers 6:24-26 - "Blessings"


Firsts are so hard but I know they are all part of the healing process. I also know God continues to be with me, giving me exactly what I need to not just get through them but to glorify Him through them. Woo hoo! I was reminded this morning of the evening of my ordination interview. I wanted so bad for Doc to be walk me down the aisle for ordination but that will never happen. Him being with me for the district interview was a blessing. The Lord blessed us in abundance that day in so many ways. He gave me Numbers 6:24-26 to remember His peace is my peace as I allow Him to be in control of my life. His love is my love to share as I allow Him to work in and through me. He was with me yesterday as I made my first road trip alone, stayed all night alone for the first time in a hotel, and came to pastor's retreat for the first time without Doc. I know He will continue to be with me through the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. I also know I am thankful for His peace. As I sit here listening and watching the waves of the ocean, I realize just how much God blesses me. Seeing the sunset over the water last night was beautiful and was another blessing from Him. Having breakfast this morning with a new friend and hearing how God is using her in ministry was another blessing. He is full of blessings for everyone who will allow Him to bless them. I need to get better at sharing this with people. I know of some going through 'tough' times right now that need to allow Him to bless them. They are bitter over their circumstances when they could be joyous. As I reflect on the last four months, I could be bitter but I am not. September was when I lost my honey. October I lost my four-legged buddy. November I fell and ended up with two broken ribs and a broken arm. December was my first Christmas without Doc and Mordecei. I choose joy instead of bitterness. I choose God instead of allowing the enemy to have his way in my life. I will continue to pray for God's blessings in the days ahead. I know He will provide exactly what I need for every situation presented to me. I will live in His peace.
cDear Jesus,
Thank You for Your blessings upon my life! Thank You for getting me through more firsts! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the inspiration I received from my new friend Haydn as she shared how God is using her! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Lord, empower me to be who You have called me to be. Thank You for more movement and less pain in my arm! Thank You for sleep even though I did not have a recliner! Thank You Jesus for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: