Sunday, January 17, 2021

II Timothy 1:7 - "Safe"

I love Saturday nights! Every time I'm awake God gives me pastors to pray for. I was so tired last night and asked Him if I could just pray before going to bed and not be woke up. Of course that was not His plan but He did put be right back to sleep after I prayed. The first time He woke me to pray for pastors who would be preaching today to listen to the direction of the Holy Spirit. He can change what is given to us and we need to be ready and open to make such changes. The second time He had me pray for James and Adavee who will be installed at Willard Naz this morning. Doc would be so proud of them making this step. He used to say how he was looking forward to the day when James would take a church. The day is here and it is so exciting. I know there are great days ahead for them. The third time He woke me to pray for Rick McCartney and those who are struggling with health issues. So many have or have gone through COVID themselves or in family members. I prayed for all affected by it. These are stressful days for everyone but a pastor has added stress with taking care of their flock. The decisions being made during this season are ones never made before. The ways we do ministry are new. It is difficult but God continues to give what we need to live out His will when we walk in obedience to Him. I love preaching but I sure will be glad when I can have people to preach to instead of a camera. I love having children and teen activities and it is so hard to not be doing them. I love visiting and loving on people but have to be careful on doing that. The days of having Sunday School and Adult Bible Study are ok on the computer but I would much rather be face-to-face. All of the decisions made about such things are hard. Some times I feel like I can't win because of the criticism that is put before me. But I have to stay focused on God and allow His wisdom to be mine. I am so thankful I am not doing life on my own. Instead I am safe in His arms.

You will be safe in His arms, you will be safe in His arms 'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart This is the promise He made, He will be with you always When everything is falling apart you will be safe in His arms

What a blessing to have this knowledge! No matter what happens, God is holding me. These last few months have been tough but He has never left me. Loss of my husband, loss of my four-legged buddy, and a fall that ended up with broken ribs and surgery for a broken arm did not stop me from leaning into Him. In fact, these things made me lean more into His arms than ever before. What a blessing! I am so thankful He gave me II Timothy 1:7 last spring to hold onto. This verse tells me I do not have to fear anything when I stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for waking me to pray for pastors during the night! I pray especially for: James and Adavee; Rick McCartney; Pastor Lindsey and others with COVID; pastors who will be preaching today; and for all of us as we go through these different days. May You be so close to all of us. I also pray for Debbie who lost her mother yesterday. May Your peace come down upon her and her family. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! May You speak through me with what You have given me to share this morning. Thank You for the progress on the church building! It was so good to see partitions going up in the restrooms and door fixtures being put on. In Your time, Father. In Your time. I will admit I will be glad when the project is over. It is so stressful doing it when I don't know what I'm doing. Thank You for Your wisdom! Lord, thank You for friends who love on me so well. Thank You for people You put in my life when I least expect it! Thank You for being My Safety Net! Amen.

No comments: