Monday, February 1, 2021

Psalm 77 - "Take My Life"

The Psalmist wrote in Psalm 77:4b, Now I’m too burdened to even pray! There have been times in my life where I felt this way. They were 'tough' times when I felt like I was all alone or even that God was not hearing my prayers. Neither of those thoughts could be further from the truth. God never leaves me and He always hears my prayers. Sometimes He does not answer them in the manner or time I desire but He always hears them. I just have to remember His answers to my prayers are always what is best for me. Verses twelve through fourteen of Psalm 77 in The Passion Translation are gems.


For holiness is revealed in everything you do. Woo hoo! Yes! The more I seek Him, the more He will reveal Himself to me. The more I strive to be Christ-like, the more I will live in such a manner. Praise His Holy Name! I am so blessed by living a life of obedience to Him. My friend Angela shared this morning these wise words, "Obedience is the key to real faith." Love this! I know it takes great faith to walk in obedience. The Lord pointed out to me a few weeks ago through one of the sermons He gave me He does not want me to have just great faith but greater faith! Woo hoo! I want my faith to grow to be greater! I desire to walk in obedience to Him every day of my life as I strive to live a Christ-like life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love! Thank You for the sermon You gave me for yesterday and the one You have me working on for next Sunday! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Father, may You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today even though I am struggling physically. May You be greater than the issues I am dealing with. May You be greater than the hurts of my heart. May You be greater than anything that comes my way. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being with Rick McCartney as he has his appointment to have the staples removed! May You be his peace. May You be greater than the fears the enemy is trying to put upon him. I continue to pray for my friend Carl who is dealing with COVID. May You heal him and keep his family safe. Lord, be with those who are struggling financially and dealing with frozen pipes, broken furnaces, etc. I pray for people to be You to them. Thank You Father for being My Holiness! Amen.

No comments: