Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Jeremiah 17:7 - "Goodness of God"

God woke me at 3:30 to pray for a friend. He gave me a word to share with her which I did. I love how He uses me to pray for others. What a blessing I receive from Him through such opportunities! When I woke this morning, the words to Goodness Of God were once again going through my mind. He woke me with this song yesterday and it stayed with me throughout the day. This is another blessing from Him that I gladly receive.

I love You, Lord
Oh Your mercy never fails me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

He is faithful with loving me throughout the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. He is faithful to provide exactly what I need, when I need it. Yesterday I was praying about a decision I was making. It involved needing fifty dollars more than anticipated. I prayed for God to show me what I was to do. When I went to the mailbox, there was a $50 check from friends for me 'to do something for myself'! Wow, God! This just shows how God knows what is ahead in our lives. He knew that on January 11, 2021 I was going to need confirmation for a prayer. He told the people who sent it to do so in advance. He worked through the USPS to have it delivered on January 11, 2021. All of that is amazing to think about but I should never be amazed at what He does. He gave me the word expectation for 2021 for a reason. As I said in the sermon Sunday, "We need to expect God’s promises to be fulfilled in our lives as we live according to God’s Word." Woo hoo! Yes! I will expect! Jeff and Leslie gave me a blessing jar for Christmas. I am enjoying writing these blessings down and putting them in the jar to go through at the end of the year. That in itself will be a blessing. God is so, so good. He is such a loving God. I pray He will use me to get others to realize just how good He is.

Dear God,

Thank You for loving me so much and for Your faithfulness! Thank You for the blessing yesterday with the confirmation to my prayer! Thank You for Your faithful servants who were obedient in blessing me! Thank You for giving me to word expectation for 2021! Thank You for Jeff and Leslie who gave me the blessing jar which is blessing me in abundance! Thank You for friends who love me so much! You continue to bless me through my tribe over and over. Lord, cleanse me so there is nothing in me not of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Even though I won't leave the house I pray You will bless me with opportunities to love on others. Lord, be with the one I prayed for during the night to receive Your clarity. I also pray for Your empowerment as I bring together what You have given me to preach this week. Lord, be near to the many struggling with physical, mental, emotional, and most of all spiritual issues. May You be greater than the struggles of life they are facing. Thank You for being My Father! Amen.

No comments: