Sunday, January 24, 2021

Joshua 1:9; Exodus 14:14 - "Fighting For You"


I love Saturday nights where God has me praying for pastors! Before falling asleep He had me pray for all in the pulpit today to preach what He directed. When I was awake, He had me praying for all pastors to live as He desires. It is a big responsibility to be a pastor. People's souls are at stake. Pastors are not responsible for saving people. God is the Only One who can do that. What we are responsible for is walking in obedience to His will. But pastors are not the only ones who have this responsibility. All believers are responsible for walking in obedience to His will. Pastors are responsible for getting this message across. Many people, including pastors, are ready to give up when 'tough' days come. They feel like they are not strong enough to keep going when one thing hits after another. The enemy convinces them they cannot do it. But God is always there fighting for us. During the night and again this morning the words to Fighting For You are going through my mind.

When the going gets tough
And my strengths not enough
I see You showing up like never before
This battle for my heart
You took on from the start
You are the peace when my mind's at war
And oh...

You will never stop fighting for me
When I can't fight for myself
Every word is a promise You keep
Cause You love me like nobody else
You stand up for me in the darkest night
When my faith is weak You're still by my side
You will never stop fighting for me
You will never stop fighting for me

Woo hoo! The knowledge that He is always fighting for me is enough to keep me going in the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. This knowledge is enough to make me realize He loves me so much and does not want to see me go to hell for eternity. The battles that come before us are not ours but His. When the Lord commissioned Joshua to lead the people after Moses' death, He directed him to stay strong in Him. The way we all can stay strong in the Lord is by staying close to Him. We need to be in His Word, praying, seeking His will, etc. 24/7. The only way to hear His voice is to live in His presence. We do not have to fear anything that comes our way but instead can live in His peace. All we need to do is follow the words given to Moses in Exodus 14:14. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors last night! Thank You for the knowledge that You are fighting for us! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a new, different way today. As I preach this morning, may You use me in the way You so desire. I pray Your blessings over all sermons preached today. May all pastors be in relationship with You so they will preach what You desire. Father, I pray for Pastor James as he is now officially the pastor of Willard Naz. May greater days be ahead for them. I pray for: Pastor Mark who is moving back to Ohio; Pastor Gribben who recently retired; many pastors who have gone through or now have the COVID virus; many pastors who are struggling with church finances due to the COVID virus; and especially for the pastors You are trying to speak to yet they either cannot hear Your voice or are choosing to ignore You. I also pray for You to be greater than anything that comes my way today that will try to take my focus off of You. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Fight For Me! Amen.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Amen...He fights for us. Be still and know that I am God.