Monday, January 11, 2021

Esther 4:14b; Deuteronomy 31:8 - "Goodness of God"

I woke this morning pondering Mordecai's words to Esther for such a time as this (Esther 4:14b). He knew Esther needed encouraged. We all need the encouragement of Deuteronomy 31:8.

Esther needed to trust God and Mordecai encouraged her to do so.. She desired to do as He desired of her. She knew God had placed her where she was, for the time she was living. I have the same sense of being. I know I am where God desires me to be. I desire to be better at doing what He desires me to do. I do not have the power or influence Esther had yet I desire for Him to use me. I may not understand all that is happening in our world but I seek His direction on how I can make a difference to those in my influence. Esther was given the task to save a nation and God gave her exactly what she needed to accomplish this task. I trust God and know whatever He puts before me will be provided for in advance. These words from Mordecai were actually words to get her to wake up and realize what she needed to do in life. He wanted Esther to quit living for herself and do as God desired. Life should not be about us but about God. We should begin each day asking Him to lead us where He desires, give us the tools to accomplish what He desires, and not only open doors for us to walk through but for us to be aware of such openings. The only way for these to be accomplished is by allowing the Holy Spirit to be in control over every aspect of our life. He desires to lead us throughout the day ahead. We have the choice to make on whether we give Him that control or not. He is a gentleman and will not push us into anything. If we make the choice to not allow Him control, we will miss out on many blessings. When we live in God's will, His peace is with us no matter what happens. When we live in His will, He will make all decisions so there is no fretting if we are doing the 'right thing' or not. When we live in His will, His love is in abundance and comforts in the 'tough' days. With this knowledge we should all desire to live in His will. Unfortunately, there are still many believers who do not want to give up control over their lives. Isn't God the One truly in control? Shouldn't we be willing to give Him free reign over every aspect of our life? I think so. I am reminded of the words of Goodness of God this morning and am so thankful for His faithfulness.

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah

And all my life You have been faithful, ohh
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God, yeah

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the reminder of the words from Mordecei to Esther this morning! Thank You for being in control over every aspect of my life! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the privilege to preach last night! Thank You for friends who love on me so well! Thank You for the day ahead and all of the opportunities You will put before me! May You cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I pray with expectation of some exciting things happening today. I pray with thankfulness for the way You have been faithful in getting me through the 'tough' days and faithful in the healing You continue to provide. Woo hoo! You are so good! Thank You for being My Best Friend! Amen.


No comments: