Monday, January 18, 2021

John 15:5; Philippians 4:13 - "Famous For (I Believe)"

Last night's short time of sleep made for a long night. I prayed. I did a lot of thinking. I read. Even after all of these things I could not go to sleep. I will be so glad when this immobilizer is off so I can sleep in my bed comfortably. This morning as I realized I was being crabby the Lord stopped me in my tracks. I have so much to be grateful for. I have a warm home with a comfortable recliner to sleep in. There are many homeless on the streets or sleeping in their cars. I have friends and family who love me dearly. There are many who are all alone. I have people who speak life into me. There are many who do not have encouraging people in their lives. Most of all I have God who is always with me. There are many who are not in relationship with Him. Therefore, they do not know the peace that comes when we are going through 'tough' times in life. My heart hurts for many in my little world that do not have a personal relationship with Him. I do not know how they get through life without Him. The Lord reminded me this morning of His words in John 15:5 and Paul's words of Philippians 4:13.


My day ahead will only produce fruit when I allow Him to work in and through me. He will only be glorified when I allow Him to have total control over me. My physical body may be dragging but that does not mean my spiritual body has to suffer. He will empower me to be the person He has called me to be. I cannot allow the enemy to distract me. Instead I must keep my focus on God. I do not have 'to do' today on my own but instead need to plug into the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. This encourages me to stay on my toes so I do not miss any opportunity He puts before me. I am so thankful for His encouragement.

Release Your love inside of me
Unleash Your power for all to see
Spirit, come, and fall on us
Over and over, oh Lord

Make way through the waters
Walk me through the fire
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for
Shut the mouths of lions
Bring dry bones to life and
Do what You are famous for
What You are famous for

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Lord, my physical body is dragging but I pray You will empower me throughout this day so I do not allow that to distract me. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day in a new, different way. Lord, I am expecting great things today. I pray You will use me to further Your Kingdom. Lord, be with our country. Protect our troops. Give wisdom to our leaders. I pray we all will live out II Chronicles 7:14 today and the days ahead. Thank You for my time with my friend Leslie yesterday! I so needed it. Thank You for my friends who continue to encourage me! Thank You for the partitions being installed in the restrooms at the church building! Thank You for being My Vine! Amen.

No comments: