Saturday, January 16, 2021

Matthew 10 - "Sparrows"


Every time I was awake during the night the words to a song Corey Asbury sings called Sparrows was going through my mind. What a blessing!

'Cause You take good care of me
You take good care of me
You know what I need before I even ask a thing
And You hold me in Your hands
With a kindness that never ends
I'm carried in Your love no matter what the future brings
Yeah, You take good care of me

I am so blessed by the way the Lord takes care of me. He takes care of my needs and a lot of my wants. He provides financially in ways that are truly miracles. He does not always answer my prayers in the way I desire and that is ok. He knows what is best for me. He knows my future. Therefore, He knows what I need to experience in my present. He knows my past. Therefore, He knows the hurts of my heart that need taken care of. Praise His Holy Name! I love the concept in Matthew 10 that He even knows the hairs on my head. That is amazing when I lose so many every day. I also love the knowledge of living for Him on earth will provide me eternity with Him. Matthew Henry writes:

This denotes the account God takes and keeps of his people. It is our duty, not only to believe in Christ, but to profess that faith, in suffering for him, when we are called to it, as well as in serving him. That denial of Christ only is here meant which is persisted in, and that confession only can have the blessed recompence here promised, which is the real and constant language of faith and love. Religion is worth every thing; all who believe the truth of it, will come up to the price, and make every thing else yield to it. Christ will lead us through sufferings, to glory with him. Those are best prepared for the life to come, that sit most loose to this present life. Though the kindness done to Christ's disciples be ever so small, yet if there be occasion for it, and ability to do no more, it shall be accepted. Christ does not say that they deserve a reward; for we cannot merit any thing from the hand of God; but they shall receive a reward from the free gift of God. Let us boldly confess Christ, and show love to him in all things.

Those are best prepared for the life to come, that sit most loose to this present life. Wow! What a blessed life to live! No matter what happens on this earth I have the promise of eternal life when I live for Him. No matter what happens on this earth I have the promise of His care when I live for Him. No matter what happens on this earth He will always be taking care of me. Woo hoo! These nights of interrupted sleep are not fun. I do not understand 'why' I can pray for Him to help me and yet they continue. But I do not have to know or understand the reason. All I have to do is trust Him. Verse twenty-seven of Matthew 10 reads in the New International VersionWhat I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. The Lord speaks to me often in the night. Many times He wakes me to pray for people or situations. Maybe my interrupted sleep has that purpose. When I can't go to sleep or when I keep waking up, I always ask Him who/what to pray for. Sometimes He answers and sometimes not. Earlier in this chapter (vs 16-20) Jesus told His disciples:

“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."

Praise His Holy Name for always being with us and for the Holy Spirit who empowers us! I am so blessed by my Heavenly Father. When I feel like I can't go on, He is there encouraging me. When I do not know what to say, His words come to my lips. When I feel like the enemy is knocking at my door, He is there to give me what I need to stay strong in Him. Why? Because I know He will take good care of me! What an awesome reminder this song and Scripture give me this morning.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You being here to take good care of me! Thank You for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit within me to stand up against the enemy and to speak what You desire of me to speak! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for this song and Scripture that encourage me to keep on keepin' on! Thank You for being such a wonderful Father who cares so much for me! Lord, You know the desires of my heart. May they be lined up with Your will. You know the hurts of my heart. May they be soothed by Your love. Yesterday was such a good day and I thank You for it. Thank You for the rest You continue to provide in these 'tough' physical days! I know You know what I need and continue to provide. I pray You will provide healing from the tingling in my face today or provide me what I need to get through it. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father! Amen.

No comments: