Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Psalm 23 - "Another In The Fire"

I was so thankful the Lord prepared me for yesterday's appointment. When He told me it was not going to be exactly what I wanted, I knew I would leave there with the immobilizer. I know if God would not have prepared me there would have been ugly tears. Instead I was able to discuss the plan of action with a clear mind. I am so blessed through my relationship with the Lord. Hearing His voice blesses me but walking in obedience to Him blesses me in abundance. If I were not where I am with my relationship, I would not have such peace. Even in the midst of 'tough' days His peace is with me. Woo hoo! Even when I am feeling lonely He is with me. This morning I am thinking of Psalm 23 that comforts me greatly.


When we live for God on this earth, we will live with Him for eternity. Psalm 23 reminds me of many things. David showed confidence in God's care throughout this Scripture. He realized God's love as he lived for Him. I am experiencing His favor as I strive to walk in obedience to His will. There is always something to praise Him for no matter what we go through. When I didn't get rid of the immobilizer yesterday, I still praised Him for being able to drive again. Matthew Henry wrote: While here, the Lord can make any situation pleasant, by the anointing of his Spirit and the joys of his salvation. But those that would be satisfied with the blessings of his house, must keep close to the duties of it. When I keep my focus on Him, I experience His joy and peace. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for preparing me for yesterday's appointment! Thank You for the privilege to drive again! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! May You be my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today! Lord, I pray for surgeries, doctor appointments, etc. happening today in different ones I know. I pray most of all for spiritual needs to be met. Thank You Jesus for being My Great Shepherd! Amen.


No comments: