Sunday, July 16, 2017

Psalm 73:25-26 - "Psalm 73"


I love these words of David in Psalm 73. They show the kind of relationship David had with God. No one on this earth can be to us what our Heavenly Father can be. He is the Only One who will not disappoint us, who will love us no matter what we do or say, and who will always be with us. He is the Only One who is capable of being "the strength of my heart and my portion forever." The way to live in such a relationship is to be saved and sanctified wholly. That means taking the next step after accepting Him into our heart so He has free reign over every aspect of our being. That means walking in obedience even when it doesn't make sense. It means being satisfied no matter what the circumstances of life brings. It means trusting Him when life doesn't make sense and knowing He will take care of things. It means leaning on His strength through days that seem to be non-ending. The last word of this Scripture is the key to life. "forever" That means for eternity. We will have His strength and portion not only on this earth but for eternity when we walk in obedience.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words this morning that remind me of the importance of walking in obedience. Father, forgive me when I failed You. Wipe my slate clean for this new day. Give me an abundance of You through my words, actions and attitude today so people will see and hear You through me. May I be an example today for others in what it means to walk in obedience. Lord, I again pray for the couple You woke me up for in the middle of the night. May they find Your peace in whatever is happening in their life. I also pray for the family who are dealing with the unexpected death of a husband and father. May they be comforted by You in a mighty way in these tough days ahead. Lord, I also pray for those who believe in You yet are not walking in total obedience to You. I pray they will find that path. Thank You Jesus for being My Forever Maker. Amen.

No comments: