Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Psalm 30 - "Trading My Sorrows"

God is so good! Psalm 30 is an encouraging Psalm that gives hope. He answers our prayers in His time and in the best way for our good. Sometimes we get impatient with His timing. There are times we do not like His answer. But no matter what we can know He will answer our prayers. Verse two tells us He will heal us. I can attest to physical, emotional and spiritual healing in myself. Verse three speaks of His saving us from hell. We need to praise Him for these things. The last part of verse five has always been a favorite of mine...


Morning brings newness. It brings a chance to start over. It brings light. When one is going through a dark period in life, 'morning' is a fresh new beginning that is needed. The only way to have a new 'morning' is to have faith in God. In dark days, He must be our strength. When we rely on Him, He will turn our "mourning in to dancing" and give us "gladness" (vs 11). When this occurs, we must make sure to glorify Him outwardly so others will know. We must be in the mindset...

I'm trading my sorrows
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for 'mornings' that give me a freshness in my spirit. Thank You for all of the times You gave me a 'morning' after a dark period of life. Father, I pray today for forgiveness of anything between You and I. I pray for a renewed spirit as I start this day. Give me Your words, actions and attitude so people hear and see You instead of me today. Lord, direct my steps to go where You desire. I pray for different ones who need a 'morning' in their life. I pray for them to lean upon You through the dark time they are in. Father, I pray for the one having prostate cancer surgery today...be very close to this family. I also continue to pray for Lizzie and her family as they prepare for the burial of her grandfather. I pray they feel Your strength today. Thank You Jesus for being My Morning Maker. Amen.

No comments: