Saturday, July 29, 2017

Psalm 92:1-3 - "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again"


"Tell your heart to beat again..." This song was in my heart this morning. My first thought was of those who are hurting so deeply. Some from the death of a loved one, some from the break-up of a relationship, some with a loved one suffering from a disease...the list goes on and on. One that I talked with this week feels worthless. Another one feels like they can't seem to catch a break from having 'bad stuff' happen in their life. 

Tell your heart to beat again
Close your eyes and breathe it in
Let the shadows fall away
Step into the light of grace
Yesterday's a closing door
You don't live there anymore
Say goodbye to where you've been
And tell your heart to beat again

Yes! But these words are easier said than done. Sometimes the grief is too fresh to begin the healing process. God understands that but He still wants to be there to heal. He desires for us to lean upon Him and use His strength to get us through tough days. When we have to say 'goodbye' to a loved one, it is one of the hardest things to do. Hopefully though, we know we will see them again. But what about if we don't have that confidence? What if we aren't a believer or our loved one wasn't a believer? Those times are totally different than when both believe. When there is no hope, life is different. I cannot understand how people get through those days but I do know if they are still alive it is never too late to receive Hope. We also are never 100% sure our loved one didn't accept Christ at the last minute. 

This morning as I read Psalm 92 about praising Him morning and night I thought about those who are hurting so deeply. How can they begin to praise the Lord through their hurt? Even though it doesn't make sense it is part of the healing process. When we praise Him, it releases our emotions and opens doors to healing. As we praise Him He gives us the blessing of His love in abundance. Our praises to Him are soothing to our souls. They are like an balm on a wound. The more we praise Him, the more He will open our hearts to more of Him. He will wipe away the tears as we praise Him. We need to remember He is not only with us through the heartaches but He also knows the outcome and wants to be with us every step of the way.

Let every heartbreak
And every scar
Be a picture that reminds you
Who has carried you this far
'Cause love sees farther than you ever could
In this moment heaven's working
Everything for your good

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with those that are hurting so deeply. Thank You for being their strength in these difficult days. Thank You for seeing me through many hurts. Father, You are so awesome in the way You encourage through our praising You. I pray for more praises to come from our lips, especially through tough situations. I pray for those praises to be the healing balm that is needed in our lives. Lord, today I pray You will use me to be a beacon of light for You. I pray You will ooze out of me so people see and hear You through me. May there be nothing between us Lord. May there be praises on my lips throughout this day. May Your words, actions and most of all attitude be mine today. May You keep my eyes and ears open to opportunities to love on people. May You keep my mouth closed when needed and open when You desire. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise. Amen.

No comments: