Sunday, July 2, 2017

Psalm 26 - "My Deliverer"

Psalm 25 gives me confidence in knowing I can depend upon God. He is always there to love me, direct me, teach me, etc.  What a blessing to know when we repent of our sins, He not only forgives us but they are wiped clean. He no longer holds them against us. Sometimes a person can get through a day without sinning but there are usually times when a thought that shouldn't have went through our mind or a word that shouldn't have came from our mouth happens. Each and every day we must ask God to forgive us of not only things we know we do wrong but things we unknowingly do. There are times we say things people take a different way than we mean. There are also times our humaness shows through and we need to ask for forgiveness from not only the Lord but the other person too. We must allow Him to guide us through every day of life on this earth if we want to spend life with Him for eternity. I like how David describes this in verse twelve in The Message:
   My question: What are God-worshipers like?
   Your answer: Arrows aimed at God’s bull’s-eye.

In verse fifteen in The Message it reads: If I keep my eyes on GodI won’t trip over my own feet. The more we put our focus on God, the less our humaness will come out. The more we allow Him to live in and through us, the less we will desire to blatantly sin. David continues in this Psalm talking about his enemies. He prays for the Lord to help him through the troubles he deals with from his enemies. It sounds like he was going through a very tough period in his life when he wrote this. This is where I feel we are and have been for the last year. The things that have happened and continue to happen in our lives are great. We feel under attack but must keep on doing what God puts before us. There is no explanation other than the enemy does not like what we are doing for God. The days of feeling worn down are happening and I don't like that. I must do as verse fifteen says and keep my focus on Him. If I don't, the enemy will win and I sure don't want that. This morning as I read this Psalm I prayed verses sixteen through twenty-two over us....


Dear Jesus,
These days are tough. But of course You already know that. Father, forgive me of anything that is between You and I. Wipe my slate clean so I can be a beacon of light where You have put me. I pray for any thoughts that went through my mind yesterday to be wiped clean. I am sorry for faltering. Father, today is a new day and I pray for a newness in my spirit. I pray for a freshness in our lives that will enable us to do Your will. Lord, enable us to have Your supernatural empowerment to press through whatever is thrown our way today. I pray for Doc with this kidney stone...be glorified through his ordeal. Thank You Jesus for being Our Deliverer. Amen.

No comments: