Friday, July 21, 2017

Psalm 86:11-17 - "One Thing Remains"


I woke up during the night and then this morning singing, "Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me..." Psalm 86 speaks of His love. He loved me enough to die for me. He loved me enough to take me back into fellowship with Him when I strayed. He loves me enough to guide me every day down the path He desires. He loves me enough to answer my prayers. Sometimes His answers are not what I desire but they are always what is best. He loves me enough to comfort me when times are tough. He loves me so much that He blesses me not only when I am on the mountaintops of life but also when I find myself in the valleys. He is such a giving, loving God. 'When I grow up' I want to be just like Him! I am a work in progress and I am determined to continue soaking in more of Him so people will see and hear Him through me. Many do not understand my life and that is OK because He is the Only One that truly matters. He is the One I listen to and obey. He is the One that protects me from 'junk' of this world. That doesn't mean I don't still deal with it but it does mean He is beside me through it. There are many times over the last thirteen months where I said, "...give your servant the strength to go on..." And He did. Praise His Holy Name! I love Psalm 86 in The Message, especially the last verse. "As you, God, gently and powerfully put me back on my feet." He has done that many times in life but it seems He has had to work overtime doing it since we moved to South Carolina. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of this day. Thank You for the encouragement from this song and Scripture. Thank You for all the ways You showed Your love to us today. Father, I desire more of You to ooze out of me. I pray against anything that tries to stop that from happening. Fill me with Your love so people will only see and hear You instead of me. Lord, I continue to ask for Your love to be with the one in her last days. I continue to pray for a miracle in her situation. Be so real to her and her family during these days. Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Loves Me. Amen.

No comments: