Thursday, July 27, 2017

Psalm 89:15-18 - "Praise You In This Storm"

I have been praying throughout the night for a dear sister in Christ and her family as she is taking her last breaths on this earth. She is blessed with having a large family to care for her during these days. As I prayed I thought about some others in my little world who are not so fortunate so I prayed for them too. There are some really lonely people in this world. Some have no family, some have family who don't make contact with them, some have family who are not nice to them, etc. I am grateful for those who know the Lord. But even they are still lonely for a hug, someone to have a meal with, or someone to do something with. At times it is difficult for those lonely to feel joyful. They have to work hard to not let it get them down. The enemy loves to cause havoc in their minds. It gives him an open door to cause even more issues. He does not like when people praise God. That is exactly what we need to do no matter what circumstances we are going through. Praising God makes us feel better even when the circumstances don't change. Psalm 89:15-18 blesses me in abundance. It gives me a great picture of how praising God can turn a 'bad day' into a 'good day.' 


Yes! I love the word picture "Delighted, they dance all day long..." Woo hoo! Sometimes it is hard to get past what is happening in life to realize God is still God no matter what. He loves us no matter what. His love is exactly why we go through some of what we do. He desires us to draw closer to Him and knows when we can't do things on our own we will turn to Him. I am forever grateful in the knowledge I do not have to do anything on my own strength but instead am empowered by His. These verses tell us we will have fruit from our praises. People will desire what we have when they see peace in us. No one will want to have what we have in Him if we are constantly down in our spirit. We need to not only be joyful but we need to share our joy with others. In the NIV verse fifteen says those who praise Him "walk in the light of Your presence, Lord." Yes! That is exactly where I desire to be. I can walk in His Light when I praise Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for being my strength and empowerment. Oh may I be better at praising You! Empower me, Father, to share You with others more than I ever have in the past. I pray for more believers to know Your joy even in the midst of difficult circumstances as the death of a loved one, illness, financial issues, having a prodigal... Father empower these ones I have been praying for with Your Holy Spirit that will give them wisdom on what to do. May they find Your peace in their circumstances and may they find the road of praise. I pray for more opportunities in my life to share You. Wipe away anything that is between You and I and fill me to overflowing with more of You. Blind my eyes to things that will take away my joy. Close my ears to things the enemy wants me to hear. Most of all I pray for You to take me down the road of praising You. Thank You Jesus for being My Light. Amen.

No comments: