Sunday, July 30, 2017

Psalm 95; I Kings 20 - "Hills and Valleys"

When the enemy comes knocking, the best way to knock him down is by praising God. There are some days where I feel like the enemy is relentless in trying to stop what God wants to accomplish through us. But God is bigger than him. God is greater than him. God is more powerful than him. I must remember to call upon God and praise Him through the trials put before me. I also must remember God is the God of my "Hills and Valleys." This song was going through my head as I went to sleep last night, throughout the night when I woke up and again this morning.

On the mountains, I will bow my life
To the One who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes
To the One who sees me there

When I'm standing on the mountain
I didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley
I know I am not alone!

You're God of the hi-hi-hills and valleys
Hi-hi-hills and valleys
God of the hi-hi-hills and valleys
And I am not alone


Yes! He is with us when things are going 'good' and He is with us when they are not. I think of the story in I Kings 20 where Israel was delivered from Syria in a situation that seemed impossible. Syria had way more people to fight in the war but they did not have God on their side. It is interesting to read how Syria said Israel's God was only a God of the hills and not the valleys. Wrong! Our God is a God of both. Woo hoo! We must remember the enemy does not like ground that is taken for the Lord. He also does not like when we praise God. That is exactly what Psalm 95 tells us to do...


Yes! We will be victorious over the enemy as we depend upon the Lord for direction and strength. The key to having His supernatural empowerment is to live in His presence. That is where His voice will be heard and we will walk in obedience. Oh how I desire to go deeper into His presence. I do not want to allow the enemy to steal my joy even though at times in my humanness that happens. I do not want him to feel like he has won any ground in my life. My God is greater than him and I want him to realize that. God is the God of my "Hills and Valleys" and will not be stopped. He created me, He died and rose for me, He called me, and most of all He loves me. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Thank You for being the God of my "Hills and Valleys" every day. Thank You for wiping my sins away and cleansing me. Thank You for taking me deeper into relationship with You. Father, empower me with Your Holy Spirit in a whole new way. Keep my mouth closed when it needs to be closed and use it boldly when You desire. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me today. Father, I pray for all the pastors going into the pulpit to speak Your words. I pray especially for the ones who are doing it for their first time. May they start off by listening to Your voice and walking in obedience. Thank You Jesus for being God of My Hills and Valleys. Amen.

No comments: