Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Psalm 84 - "Whom Shall I Fear"

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side

Yes! Oh how these words ring true in my heart this morning. I told Doc last night that I am so tired of the fight that seems to happen with so much of what happens daily. Things that should seem so simple seem to become so hard. A simple thing such as changing a medication from the drug store to mail order to save some money turns into a mess because of a mistake made on a prescription. Or having to go without for a few days on another prescription because of a mistake made by a drug store. These type of things seem to happen regularly in life. Sometimes I feel like going to bed and covering up my head and forgetting everything. But I know that is not what my Heavenly Father desires of me. He wants me to trust and depend upon Him as in Proverbs 3:5-6. He wants me to be joyful in all circumstances as in James 1:2-4. This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 84 to remind me of the devotion David had toward Him. He reminded me when I sing of my devotion to Him I will be refreshed and renewed. He also reminded me of gift He gave me over the last few days with the beauty of His creation. Yesterday morning as Mordecei and I walked around the lake I was in awe of the way He was filling me with more of Him. Then this morning when I read Psalm 84 I was blessed in knowing...


Yes! He did just that! He showed Himself through creation yesterday in a brand new way. He gave peace with some difficult situations. He gave hope in some situations that seem impossible. Most of all He gave me His love in abundance that covers all of the 'junk' of this world. I have nothing to fear because He is in control. Matthew Henry writes of this Scripture...

"The pilgrims to the heavenly city may have to pass through many a valley of weeping, and many a thirsty desert; but wells of salvation shall be opened for them, and consolations sent for their support. Those that press forward in their Christian course, shall find God add grace to their graces. And those who grow in grace, shall be perfect in glory."

Praise His Holy Name! Woo hoo! Yes! I love the part, "..shall find God add grace to their graces." That is good! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You bless me! Thank You for the times of refreshing at District Assembly with words from Dr. Eddy; Rev. Toni and Dr. Porter; and Dr. Bredholt. Thank You for the beauty of Your creation You shared with me the last two mornings. Father, there are some calls I have to make today to doctors that I need You to go before me with. I ask that You give me clarity in my thinking in abundance. I also ask that whatever the outcome You would keep me calm in my spirit. Thank You in advance for the resolve with the prescription issue and with the hospital bill issue. Lord, be my words, attitude and actions today in a mighty way. May people see and hear You instead of me. Father, I also pray for the dear one who appears to be in her last days on this earth. I pray for comfort for her family as she goes from this earth into Your arms. Thank You for being My God of Angel Armies. Amen.

No comments: