Friday, July 28, 2017

Psalm 91 - "Oh My Soul"


My thoughts and prayers continue to be with a dear lady's family as she left this earth late last night. Mindy encouraged me with her words during the time of my diagnosis with breast cancer. I could picture her smile as I read them. I wish I would have got to know her better and sooner but I know God placed her in my life when I needed her. I've been praying so often for Mindy and her family. This morning I woke up with "Oh My Soul" going through my mind and when I turned on KLOVE it was the song playing! It actually was in my mind most of yesterday as I've had several prayer requests for different ones going through tough days. The words to this song are so important for all to remember...

Oh, my soul
You are not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how, you can lay this down


Yes! "He will make a way"...all we have to do is be in relationship with Him so we can not only hear His voice but we also will walk in obedience. This morning I am praying for...

  • Mindy's friends and family
  • A young lady who is dealing with multiple health issues after going through a time of being drugged
  • A mother/grandmother who the enemy is attacking her with making feel worthless
  • A young gentleman who needs to seek the Lord for direction on his future
  • An older gentleman who is anemic and fearful of what will be found;  two other older ones who are dealing with diabetes issues
  • A lady who is dealing with health issues and does not have insurance
  • A couple with financial issues
  • Several families who desperately need the Lord in their lives
  • A pastor coming near to the end of his Sabbatical and another who is in the early stages of one
  • A couple dealing with the husband having a recent stroke
  • Many who are dealing with recent loss of loved ones
  • A mother dealing with a son's addiction
  • A lady who continues to deal with issues after having cervical surgery
  • A family as they care for their wife/mother/grandmother who is dealing with different physical issues
  • A gentleman who has severe health issues and has been hospitalized for weeks; another one who recently had a heart attack and is having kidney issues
  • A lady who recently had cancer return in her body...praising God tests show it has not moved to her brain and bones...praying for treatment to take care of what was found in the liver and lungs...most of all praying for a miraculous complete healing
This world has many hurting people. Unfortunately, some are hurt by others. Some are hurt by their own actions. Some hurt because the enemy has ahold of them. No matter what the cause, Jesus is the answer. He does not always take away our circumstances but He always is there for us. Psalm 91 encourages us to take refuge in God. Verses one through eight tells us we will find all we need in Him. When we have faith, He will provide all we need. That does not mean life will be without conflict but it does mean we will go through those time with His peace and strength.  Matthew Henry writes of verses nine through sixteen:

Whatever happens, nothing shall hurt the believer; though trouble and affliction befal, it shall come, not for his hurt, but for good, though for the present it be not joyous but grievous. Those who rightly know God, will set their love upon him. They by prayer constantly call upon him. His promise is, that he will in due time deliver the believer out of trouble, and in the mean time be with him in trouble. The Lord will manage all his worldly concerns, and preserve his life on earth, so long as it shall be good for him. For encouragement in this he looks unto Jesus. He shall live long enough; till he has done the work he was sent into this world for, and is ready for heaven. Who would wish to live a day longer than God has some work to do, either by him or upon him? A man may die young, yet be satisfied with living. But a wicked man is not satisfied even with long life. At length the believer's conflict ends; he has done for ever with trouble, sin, and temptation.

Yes! No matter we go through we need to remember to love and trust Him. We also need to remember that He is in control of the timing of our circumstances. Praise His Holy Name we do not need to fret but instead we need to trust Him to take care of everything.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and for the ones You will give today. Thank You for giving Mindy's family such precious memories, especially from the last few days. Thank You for being with each of the ones I prayed for today. Forgive me for anything that is between You and I so my words, actions and attitude will be Yours today. I pray people will see and hear You through me. May Your Holy Spirit empower me with supernatural abilities today. Thank You Jesus for being My Refuge. Amen.

No comments: