Wednesday, July 26, 2017

John 10:27-29 - "Even If"


2:42 AM the Lord brought me out of a sound sleep with an urgent command to "pray for Mindy's family." I don't know if she is still on this earth or if she has went on to Glory. She has fought a battle with cancer so hard and long. These last few days have become increasingly harder for her to fight. I pray through this time her friends and family have drawn closer in relationship with the Lord. Sometimes people do in such times but unfortunately many blame Him and become hardened to Him. One of my prayers is for her family to draw closer. I pray they will seek His peace in the midst of these tough days. As the hour draws nearer or perhaps already has I pray they will remember God is their strength. Mindy is ready to hear the Lord call her Home. That does not mean she wants to leave this earth but it means she knows she will no longer be dealing with this awful disease. She knows she will be rejoicing in a new body. I think of John 10:27-29 this morning and know she is hearing His voice and will walk in obedience. I also started thinking about others who are dealing with death in their family within the last few weeks. One young girl who lost her father in a car accident. Another family whose son drowned in a flash flood and his girlfriend's family as they wait for her body to be found. A wife who lost her husband after many years of marriage. My prayers also went to those awaiting cancer testing results. All of these things give us the opportunity to draw closer to God. We need to be intentional on not only listening to His Voice but then to walk in obedience. We need to never give up hoping in Him. We also need to realize He knows what is best for us.

I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone



Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for loving us so greatly that You give peace and strength in times such as death of a loved one or as we wait on a diagnosis. Thank You for speaking to us. Thank You for directing us in the path You so desire. Father, I pray for the families who are going through a time of death of a loved one. I pray they will seek You and find Your peace. I pray they will not turn away from You. Father, thank You for the blessings You gave me through my Daddy's death with Your peace. I miss him so much but I know he is no longer suffering and for that I am grateful. I would love to have a morning phone call from him...to hear him say, "Sheila Babe how are you doing?" Those calls were such a blessing and I will be forever grateful for them. Thank You Father for giving me exactly what I need. Thank You for the strength for my appointment about Doc's hospital bill and then again for last night's children and teen activities. Thank You for the outcome with the bill, for the twenty-two shoeboxes put together and for the new teen we had with us. Blessings upon blessings You continue to provide. Lord, today is a new day. I know what I think will happen but most of all I want to do what You desire of me today. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me today. Thank You for being My Heavenly Father. Amen.


No comments: