Sunday, July 9, 2017

Psalm 37 - "Hope Is What We Crave"

Once again the Lord brought the word 'wait' before me. The beginning of Psalm 37:7 reads, "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him;" (NIV). Many times when we are in a situation of unknown or of turmoil we get frustrated. At times we try to figure things out on our own instead of allowing the Lord to reveal His plan to us. These actions will only cause problems. Instead we need to 'wait' on Him to show us His plan. We must believe He will reveal what is best for us in His time. We also must have the right attitude as we wait. As Matthew Henry puts it, "Be silent to the Lord (so the word is), not with a sullen, but a submissive silence." Ouch! Do I always show a 'submissive silence' while waiting on the Lord? Are there times I try to figure things out on my own? Do I question why I am even in the situation? Oh my. I do not like the answers to these questions. The Psalm continues in verse 8 by telling me I am not to be angry nor am I to fret while 'waiting' because "it leads only to evil." Verse nine has my other word, 'hope' in it. It tells me when I hope in Him I will 'inherit the land' or in other words, I will spend eternity with Him. This is also emphasized in verses eighteen, twenty-nine and thirty-four. Verses thirty-nine and forty are the icing on the cake...


Yes! As I 'wait' and 'hope' in Him I will be safe in His arms. I will find strength through Him. He will not only save me on this earth but He will save me for eternity. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of the importance for me to 'wait' and 'hope' in You. Thank You for the reminder of Your saving power. Lord, I so desire to spend eternity with You. I pray You will continue me on the path You have led me down. I pray for more of You and less of me to show through my words, action and most of all my attitude. Father, forgive me for anything I said or did that was not of You. Thank You for showing me something I need to apologize to one for. Lord, this morning I am praying for three sweet ladies who have lost their husband this week. I pray You will give them an extra dose of Your strength to get through the tough days of adjustment ahead. Be their strength in a whole new way. All of them were the care takers of their husband and I pray they will fill their days with You. Father, thank You for being Who I Wait and Hope For. Amen.

No comments: