Monday, July 10, 2017

Psalm 46:10; James 1:2-4; Philippians 4:13; Romans 8:31b - "Still"


I love the words David penned in Psalm 46. He encourages us to hope and trust in God. He encourages us to know God's power through difficult times. He will enable us to be conquerors over the enemy when we allow His Holy Spirit to work in and through us. He is always there to be our Help. He will be our Victory. In verse four David speaks of a 'river.' I see that as the Holy Spirit flowing through us. God's love, mercy and grace will bless us as we allow the Holy Spirit to be in us. That does not mean everything will go the way we want nor does it mean life will not have its ups and downs. But it is during those times we will draw deeper into our relationship with Him. Verse ten is one many quote but stop at just the first part. We need to read the whole verse in order to get the true meaning. Yes, we need to be 'still' before the Lord but we also need to realize when we are 'still' before Him, we will see victory over the things of life. Once again that does not mean all of our prayers will be answered in the way we desire but we will know they will be answered by Him in the best way possible for us. He loves us dearly and wants what is best for us. He does not want to see us suffer with disease nor does He cause disease. But He will use disease to draw us closer to Him. He will use the ugliness of people to make us seek more of Him in our life. He will use loss of job to make us depend upon Him more. If life isn't challenging, we don't need Him. Therefore, we must remember the words of James 1:2-4 and persevere through the times our faith is tested. We must rely on His strength as in Philippians 4:13. We must realize the truth Paul wrote in Romans 8:31b. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" When we live in the Spirit, we have the hope of eternal life with Him. We do not have to fear anything that happens to us on this earth. Instead we can live in His hope. We can be conquerors of earthly life and all it brings. We can know that He is always with us. We also can have confidence in knowing He will guide and direct us as we allow Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with corporate worship, the way You used our church family to love on the two homeless men, Your safety upon us as we traveled to take them to where they had a place to stay, the strength You provided for me with the fatigue being so great...all of the ways You showed Yourself to us. Father, today is a new day and the fatigue is still with me. I don't understand why it is. I don't understand its purpose but I do understand You are with me through it. I won't ask for You to remove it because there may be something I need to learn through it. Your will, Father. Your will. That is what I seek. Cleanse me of anything between You and I. Give me exactly what I need to be a beacon of light for You throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Conqueror. Amen.

No comments: