Thursday, July 20, 2017

Psalm 85:10-13 - "Take My Life"


Psalm 85 begins with begging God for reconciliation. It is only when we reconcile with God that our sins will be forgiven. He also forgets them. We no longer have to worry about them because He wipes them away. It is only when we repent and return to Him that we will rejoice in Him. We must trust Him to bring us back into right relationship. We must accept the peace He gives through the process. Too many times people will not accept His peace because they have a sense of belonging in the state of misery. The enemy loves when people live in that state. It is only when we live in the state found in verses ten through thirteen of Psalm 85 that we will live where He desires. That state is full of "Love and Truth...Right Living and Whole Living...Goodness and Beauty...Bounty and Blessing..." We must allow Him to love us in order to live out His love with right and whole living. When we live in such a way, He will bless us. He will empower us with His Holy Spirit that will enable us to do His will. Those are some powerful words....empower and enable. That is exactly where I want to live. I want to live in His love and empowerment. The desire of my heart is to walk in the path He clears for me. Matthew Henry writes, "Righteousness is a sure guide, both in meeting God, and in following Him." Yes! "Righteousness is what I long for...holiness is what I need...purity is what You want from me!" I sing this song this morning with tears flowing as I want to draw closer to the Lord. The desire of my heart is to fulfill the desire of His heart for me. I don't want to do or say anything that He doesn't want. I also don't want to miss anything He desires of me to do. This morning I pray...

Take my life and form it
Take my mind transform it
Take my will conform it
To yours, to yours, oh lord

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for wiping away my sins and forgetting them. I ask that anything I did or said yesterday that was not of Your will also be wiped away. Lord, enable and empower me today to be You to others. May they see and hear You instead of me. Father, I am so grateful for all of the ways You bless me. You know the desires of my heart and I pray blessings upon them. Go before me and shine through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness. Amen.

No comments: