Saturday, July 22, 2017

Hebrews 8:7-12 - "King of the World"

The Lord woke me up singing a song Natalie Grant sings called "King of the World"....

When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world?
I try to take life back right out of the hands of the king of the world
How could I make you so small
When you're the one who holds it all
When did I forget that you've always been the king of the world

This is exactly what we, as humans, do. We think we are in control of what happens in life when in fact, we are not. The key to living a life for Him is to live a life of obedience to His will. Salvation is the first step in our walk with the Lord. Sanctification is the next step that unfortunately many believers do not take. Sometimes they make the choice to not take that step because they are afraid of letting go of things. Sometimes that choice is not made because they don't want to lose their friends or family. No matter what the reason, the Lord is always there in the step. Walking in obedience does not always seem easy but when we allow Him to mold us to be like His being, it is accomplishable. Not only is it accomplishable but it also is the purpose of our life. Jesus did not die on the cross just because He wanted to. He died for all of our sins. The curtain was torn in two and no other applicable by His actions on the cross and in the grave. The guilt of sin under the law was no longer in place. Instead the remission of our sins by His blood was provided. No longer were the laws written down but instead are written on our hearts. Those same hearts are formed together with His love so we can share Him with others. In Hebrews 8 Paul writes of how the outpouring of the Holy Spirit enables us to share Him. The only way to have the Holy Spirit pour out of us is for us to be filled by Him. This only happens when we turn our whole being over and allow Him to work in and through us. I love the words of Hebrews 8:7, "For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another." I praise His Holy Name for the way His death removed the need for the first covenant and allowed us to walk in grace. God spoke in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and then was quoted in Hebrews 8:8-12...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You seems so inadequate to say but I am so grateful for the way You walked in obedience to Your death and resurrection. I praise Your Holy Name for the way You desire us to walk in obedience to Your will. Lord, I pray for Your removal of anything in my life that would keep me from walking in obedience. I pray for Your words, actions and attitude to take over my being throughout this day. May You be my focus so there is no room for the enemy to sneak in. Father, bless me in abundance with more of You and less of me so people see You in me today. Thank You for being The King of My World. Amen.

No comments: