Saturday, July 8, 2017

Psalm 34:8 - "Psalm 34"

Psalm 34 is rich with encouragement for one to trust and seek God. I love the word picture of verse eight. 


David is telling us in this verse to give God a try. It might be a new experience but David encourages it. When one tastes something new, it can either be a pleasant or nasty experience. David is telling us 'tasting' God will be a good experience. I think about how we prepare dishes with seasoning. Sometimes they turn out good while others not so much. That is how life is. When we 'season' it with the right spices...the way God desires...life will turn out exactly as He desires. But if we throw in a wrong 'seasoning' then life can 'taste' nasty. This verse gives two of our five senses as ways to be in relationship with Him. Taste and sight. But we also need to include hearing as we listen for His Voice; touch as we love on others with His love; and smell as we breathe in His aroma every breathing moment of our day. We need to experience Him every way possible. The last words of this verse say "takes refuge in him." That is exactly where I desire to live. I like to think of it as me sitting in His lap with His arms wrapped around me, loving on me. That is the icing on the cake. When life on this earth seems overwhelming, the peace found in His arms gives me the feeling of great contentment. There is no better feeling! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday and all of the blessings You gave me. Thank You for the day ahead and the opportunities You will give me to be You to others. Thank You for Your cleansing power that washes away anything between You and I. I pray for those who have not 'tasted' You yet. I pray they will open up that bottle of seasoning in their life. I also pray for those who have been choosing the wrong seasoning. I pray they will realize You are the One they need. Thank You for the blessing yesterday of having a friend's scope show no cancer. Thank You for the blessing of answered prayers with the return of lost property for another friend. Father, I am asking for peace for another friend that was told their cancer has spread. I pray Your peace and strength upon them in the days ahead. Father, most of all I pray for a complete healing within their body. Thank You Jesus for being My Seasoning. Amen.

No comments: