Sunday, July 23, 2017

I Timothy 3:1-7 - "Thank You for Giving To The Lord"

The Lord woke me up in the middle of the night to pray for pastors. There are so many who are discouraged and hurting. I prayed for...

  • the one anxious about their first time in the pulpit this morning
  • the one who has been torn into pieces by their congregation, threatened if they didn't step down, and ridiculed
  • those who have been dealing with a lot of grieving in their people due to deaths
  • those on Sabbatical to be refreshed and renewed in their spirit
  • those who do not know if there will be enough offering for them to receive a paycheck today
  • the congregation who lost their pastor in a sudden death last weekend
  • those who will resign today
  • those who are struggling with their call
  • those who are struggling with blatant sin
  • those with turmoil in their families, especially the two with their teenage children going through rebellion and those with prodigals
  • all of those going into the pulpit to be filled with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit so it would be Him who the people hear
  • any who wrote a sermon on their own instead of listening to the Lord for what He desired
Paul wrote in I Timothy 3 about the characteristics of a pastor...


All believers, but especially pastors need to be committed to living a life in God's will. It is then, and only then, one can be obedient in their walk. It is so easy to give the enemy an open door into our life by listening to people instead of the Lord. But it is much easier to keep those openings shut when we wake each moment asking for His Holy Spirit to empower us and then allowing Him to dwell within us throughout the day. It also is important at the end of the day to ask for forgiveness for anything we did or said that we shouldn't have. We also need to ask for forgiveness for anything we did not do that He called us to do. When I took this picture of Doc's footsteps in the sand I was reminded how he not only talks the talk but he also walks the walk. He is a great example of how to be a servant with an obedient spirit. That is exactly the kind of pastor everyone needs in their life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my husband who is a great example of what a pastor should be. Thank You for his willingness to walk in obedience. Thank You for the ways You will bless him today as he goes into the pulpit. Lord, bless my prayers from this morning for all pastors. I pray they will know You are ready to lead them through what You have already laid on their hearts. I thank You in advance for the sermons ahead for me. Lord, may I be the servant leader You desire. May my words, actions and attitude be that of You so people will hear and see You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Great Pastor. Amen.

No comments: