Friday, June 30, 2017

Psalm 23 - "I Got Saved"


The Lord woke me up at 1:01 to pray for those going through heart issues. He told me to pray for:

  • A young wife and mother who is having heart surgery today.
  • A man who had a heart attack followed by having a stent put in.
  • A 92 year old lady whose heart is getting ready to take its last beat on this earth along with her 94 year old sister who is grieving.
  • Those with spiritual heart issues. Ones who have never accepted the Lord, ones who have fallen away, ones with hardened hearts and ones who love the Lord but have not taken the step to full surrender.
  • A young woman who has a broken heart over a recent divorce.
  • A woman who has a broken heart from too many disappointments in life.
  • A young lady who has fear in her heart over a test today that may result in a cancer diagnosis.
  • A lady with fear in her heart who is having surgery to remove cancer today from her lungs.
  • Parents with broken hearts over their prodigals.
  • A family in turmoil who needs a heart cleansing in their lives.
How appropriate for the Lord to take me to Psalm 23 this morning. This Psalm is rich in words of comfort. Verse one gives comfort in knowing I am in relationship with the Lord. Verses two, three and five give comfort in the memories of how He has led me in the past. Verse four gives comfort in the knowledge I do not have fear anything. Verse six gives comfort in the knowledge He is always with me. He is My Great Shepherd who has and always will care for mel. Words of comfort that are often heard at a funeral are actually appropriate anytime. 

These words to "I God Saved" were in my mind this morning. I love the knowledge I am saved because of the love of God. I do not need anything more than Him. Woo hoo! People cannot fill my needs. Only the Lord.

I'm undone by the mercy of Jesus
I'm undone by the goodness of the Lord
I'm restored and made right
He got ahold of my life
I've got Jesus
How could I want more

Dear Jesus,
Thank You You for the privilege to pray for many during the night. Thank You for Your love, grace and mercy. Thank You for the knowledge that You are all I need. Thank You for my appointments yesterday and hearing 'cancer free'! Woo hoo! Father, today is a new day. Where will You take me? Who will You lead me to? Please keep my focus on You so I do not miss any opportunity to shine for You. Father, I also pray for Doc as he does his route today. Lord, he needs a physical touch in a mighty way. He needs to be filled to overflowing with Your supernatural strength. May You be his strength today. Show him what He can do through You. Thank You Jesus for being My Great Shepherd. Amen.

No comments: