Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - "Home"


Last night a dear friend/mentor took her last breathe on this earth and walked into the arms of Jesus. She no longer struggles with breathe but instead is walking in freedom with deep breathing once again. My heart aches for her dear husband, Walter. They were a team who loved the Lord in a mighty way. His love showed through them in such a special way. I am grateful for our time over lunch with this special couple before we moved from Ohio. I will treasure the memories of that day. Chris Tomlin's "Home" is on my mind this morning...

This world is not what it was meant to be
All this pain, all this suffering
There's a better place
Waiting for me
In Heaven
Every tear will be wiped away
Every sorrow and sin erased
We'll dance on seas of amazing grace
In Heaven
In Heaven
I'm goin' home
Where the streets are golden
Every chain is broken
Oh I wanna go
Oh I wanna go
Home
Where every fear is gone
I'm in your open arms
Where I belong
Home

Yes, Elaine is 'Home' and she is in her element. I picture her up there gathering the children for worship. She would get them making some worship ribbons and singing their hearts out. I can imagine she would have children of every color and race gathered around her. None of us know what heaven looks like but I sure like to imagine some great things she is doing right now. I will miss my friend but I would never want her back here with the way she was living in her last days. She no longer has to have the oxygen tank with her wherever she goes but instead is breathing in the air of Jesus in a whole new way. Praise His Holy Name. 'When I grow up,' I want to be like Elaine! I want to love all with Jesus' love and be an encourager to those who are going through tough times. That is what she was to me. I will never forget the way she encouraged me over the years with my MS exacerbations and then with my breast cancer. When I had my one cervical surgery in the Sandusky Hospital she was one of the five who came from the Sandusky Church of the Nazarene to pray with Doc and I. When we lived in Willard, she would call me to come pick up school supplies and Christmas gifts for Gateway, children's church supplies she was cleaning out of her stash, jean pockets for Samaritan Purse crafts, etc. I have missed her since moving to South Carolina but have stayed in touch with her and Walter through the internet. This earth has lost one great lady. She had her "time to be born" and now has had her "time to die" from this earth but she is alive in heaven. 
Once again, I am a bit jealous. I look forward to 'Home' and what it has to offer. I continue to pray for those who are lost in this world and need Jesus. My heart breaks for the believers who are kidding themselves they are ok in their relationship with Him just because they accepted Him at one time in their heart. It takes a daily relationship with Him in order to go 'Home.' When we turn our lives over to Him in a 24/7 type of way, then He will fill us with His Holy Spirit and live in and through us in a whole new way.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Elaine's life that meant so much to so many. Thank You for each and every little child that she touched. Father, You lived in and through her in a mighty way. Thank You for being the strength Elaine's family needs during these days. I especially pray for dear Walter who is missing his honey. Father, fill me to overflowing with You so people will see and hear You instead of me today. Enable me to be an Elaine who shows Your love to all. Thank You Jesus for being My Goal. Amen.

No comments: