Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Psalm 124:8; James 1:2-4; Colossians 3:1-17 - "My Help Comes From The Lord"


In talking with a friend who is going through a tough time I said something along the line, "I know you don't believe me but God can and will be greater than your issue if you allow Him." I truly do not think they believe that and it saddens me. The only way to receive His peace is to accept it. When we wallow around in misery, that many times we bring on ourselves, there is no way there is an open door to His healing. I am not saying He will heal all of our physical needs but He will heal our emotional and spiritual needs. I also am not saying He takes all of our problems away. It is in the tough times of life that we will draw closer to Him. (James 1:2-4) But once again it takes us allowing Him in. It takes going past salvation into a life sold-out to Him 24/7. It takes admitting our faults and allowing Him to change us. It takes us taking on His attitude, thoughts and words so people will see Him instead of us. This is not an easy thing to do because it means we must give up 'control' which many do not like to do. If people would only stop and think about it, we are not the ones in control anyway. He is. He knows all, sees all and hears all. He gives us free choice which allows us to live like we are the ones in control but it sure is not the way He desires us to live. Listening to a sermon last night from Camp Meeting by DS Greg Mason I was reminded of the great words of Colossians 3. Verse 2 tells us to "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." (NIV) This chapter is one that sounds harsh yet we, as believers, can learn so much from it on how to live out our life in Him daily. Verses twelve through fourteen tell us we are to take on His attributes. When we do, then we will live in His peace (vs 15). This chapter goes along with Psalm 124 that I read this morning. We must trust Him while on this earth so we will live with Him for eternity in heaven. He knows what we go through. He knows our pains and our concerns. But the thing we often forget is He also knows what we need to do in the process of coming out victorious over tough times. He is Our Help. He is the Answer. Matthew Henry writes:

God is the Author of all our deliverances, and he must have the glory. The enemies lay snares for God's people, to bring them into sin and trouble, and to hold them there. Sometimes they seem to prevail; but in the Lord let us put our trust, and we shall not be put to confusion. The believer will ascribe all the honour of his salvation, to the power, mercy, and truth of God, and look back with wonder and thanksgiving on the way in which the Lord has led him. Let us rejoice that our help for the time to come is in him who made heaven and earth.

Yes! My desire is He will be glorified in all that I do, say and think. I pray He is glorified in my reactions to both 'good' and 'bad' situations. I also pray for those who struggle with allowing Him to be their Answer.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with time with my Momma and Doc's safe travels. Thank You for the blessings ahead in this day with time with friends and family. Lord, most of all I pray You will be seen and heard through me today. I pray for a renewal in my spirit that will enable me to have You show through me in a whole new way. I pray for the activities going on at Camp Meeting and pray people will be blessed. Thank You for technology that allows me to 'be there' even when I cannot be physically. Lord, I pray especially for my friend who is struggling. I pray they will open their heart and mind to You in a whole new way today. I pray for healing in their physical, emotional and mental beings but especially in their spiritual being. Thank You for being My Answer. Amen.

No comments: