Saturday, June 24, 2017

Psalm 150 - "Enough"


Sometimes you wake up from a dream and have to stop and ask yourself if it really happened or was it just a dream. After having a 'bad' dream it is easy to pray and ask God to not let it happen. But death is a natural part of life. We were born and will all die. Instead of asking God to not let it happen maybe we need to ask for strength to get us through when it does occur. No matter what, we need to realize God does not cause death but He will be with us through it. As I finished the book of Psalm this morning I was blessed in how the last chapter is about praising Him. Matthew Henry writes about this chapter:

Praise God with strong faith; praise him with holy love and delight; praise him with entire confidence in Christ; praise him with believing triumph over the powers of darkness; praise him by universal respect to all his commands; praise him by cheerful submission to all his disposals; praise him by rejoicing in his love, and comforting ourselves in his goodness; praise him by promoting the interests of the kingdom of his grace; praise him by lively hope and expectation of the kingdom of his glory. 
No matter what we are going through we need to praise His Holy Name! He is with us. He supplies our needs and many times our wants. He directs us when we allow Him to. He blesses us in abundance and is worthy to be praised. He prepares us for things that will happen. Sometimes we just are not aware of His preparations. He tells us things we need to hear but if we aren't in right relationship with Him we do not hear Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the book of Psalm You have led me through. I look forward to seeing where You take me from here. Father, I pray for the day ahead, especially for my husband. I pray blessings in abundance to be upon his day. Just as I prayed with him this morning once again I pray for You to enable him to see positives throughout the day and give him many opportunities to be You to others. Father, soothe his spirit as he does his job. I pray You will stay so close to him. I also want to thank You for loving me so greatly. I pray You will use me today to be a beacon of light to all around me. Be my words, actions, attitude and focus. Thank You Jesus for being "Enough." Amen.



No comments: