Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Psalm 35 - "Thy Will"

God is so good! He continues to be with us through some tough times. He put us in this neighborhood with some awesome people who show His love to us. Last night when the tears started flowing I felt like the attacks from the enemy were never going to stop. I cried out to the Lord for encouragement. He answered those cries by blessing us with a family who came and prayed over us. Angela prayed Psalm 35 over us for protection over our home, our vehicles, our ministry...our whole beings. She prayed for the enemy to be bound in the name of Jesus. She prayed not only for our physical beings but most importantly our spiritual beings. She prayed for our thoughts to stay focused on what the Lord desired. As they laid hands on us and prayed there was such a great Spirit in the room. I will be forever grateful for this family God has put into our lives. I also am grateful for the words of Psalm 35 that were spoken over us. They are words from David that I accept for us. We desire to have God be seen through our trials. We want Him glorified through every part of our days. Last night I prayed for His supernatural strength to encompass us. I thought of my prayer from my morning devotions...

Father, I want to rejoice at all times. I want to be joyful no matter what is happening in my life. I know the only way that can happen is through Your supernatural empowerment. I also know the only way I can receive that is to live in Your presence. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You throughout this day. When challenges come, remind me of Your word that tells me to be joyful. Use me to be a beacon of light in this dark world. Be my hands and feet in a mighty way. Give me insight as to what You desire of me this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Supernatural Empowerment.

Yes! His supernatural empowerment is the secret to getting through the attacks from the enemy. His encouragement gets me through tough times. His blessings enable me to continue walking in His Presence. I like how Matthew Henry describes how David was feeling as he wrote this Psalm. "Let me have inward comfort under all outward troubles, to support my soul." Amen! We can know God is greater than anything the enemy throws our way. God protected Doc in so many ways through this accident. He nor the ones involved were hurt; the church bus was not damaged; and praise His Holy Name there were no children on the bus yet. Things could have been so different but God took care of things.

As I read Psalm 35 this morning I stopped at verses eleven through sixteen. I know the Lord will continue to strengthen us however we need as we do His work. We are just as adamant as David was in serving and glorifying God. God had His Son die for us. I do not ever want that act to go in vain. The promise of eternal life when we live in relationship with Him is the 'icing on the cake' for living a life in His will while on this earth. There are days on this earth that are tough and I cry out to the Lord to come take us home yet I know our work on this earth is not done. I pray my life will be reflected in the words of verse eighteen...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your protection yesterday over Doc. Thank You for Your encouragement through Oscar, Angel and there children who laid hands and prayed over us. Thank You for Jill who came over to check on us. Thank You for many who prayed even when they didn't know what the were praying for. Father, You bless us in abundance and for that I am thankful. You walk with us, guide and lead us, love on us and take care of us in some mighty ways. Lord, as I prayed this morning, may the effects from this accident be minimal. We pray for grace with the insurance company. Thank You for there not being a citation given. Father, today is a new day. Wherever You lead, we will go. Whatever happens, we pray You will be glorified. Be our words, actions, attitude and focus throughout this day in a mighty way. I praise You for waking me to the song "Thy Will" that is one that encourages me to continue through tough days. Thank You Jesus for being Our Will. Amen.

No comments: