Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Psalm 16 - "From The Inside Out"


As I read Psalm 16 this morning I was blessed in abundance. David had confidence in God (vs 1); lived his life for God (vs 2); loved people (vs 3); loved to worship Him (vs 4); and chose to live in His presence (vs 5-7). This is the way I chose to live my life. I desire to live in His presence so I can walk in obedience. It is in such a walk that true peace can be found. I was excited to find Peter uses verses 8-11 in his first sermon after the Holy Spirit came down on the Day of Pentecost. Woo hoo! Acts 2:25-28 Peter quotes David...

“‘I saw the Lord always before me.
    Because he is at my right hand,
    I will not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest in hope,
27 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    you will not let your holy one see decay.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence.’" (NIV).


Yes! David rejoiced in his relationship with God. All believers should do the same. No believer should walk around bringing others down and they won't when they allow God to work in and through them. Yes, there are 'down' days and we will not want to be joyful but all we have to do is think about God and how much He loves us and those days will turn around. Paul is a perfect example of how to be joyful in all circumstances. He told the Romans in 12:12 to be "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Those words were written many years ago yet are applicable today. I Thessalonians 5:16-18 reads, "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstance; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." The words 'always, continually and all' do not say 'when you want to or feel like it' but instead mean 24/7. Once again, that does not mean we won't have days we don't feel like being joyful. But what it does mean is that God desires us to be joyful no matter what the circumstances. And we can be joyful when we allow Him to live in and through us 24/7. This takes living a life of holiness where He is in control instead of ourselves. This means we must allow Him to have the hurts people put upon us. It means we must allow Him to work through medication and doctors. It means not only hearing from Him but then walking in obedience. Living a life of holiness means His death is not for naught. It means living out the purpose He put you here on this earth for. It means living Him "From the Inside Out"...woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing of yesterday in hearing the preliminary report from my mammogram was favorable. I am embracing that report as I await my doctor appointment Thursday. I am praising You Lord for being in charge of my life. It was so awesome in walking in for the test with peace. Thank You for calming my tears as I waited. Thank You for my husband who stayed by my side during the wait. Father, I want to rejoice at all times. I want to be joyful no matter what is happening in my life. I know the only way that can happen is through Your supernatural empowerment. I also know the only way I can receive that is to live in Your presence. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You throughout this day. When challenges come, remind me of Your word that tells me to be joyful. Use me to be a beacon of light in this dark world. Be my hands and feet in a mighty way. Give me insight as to what You desire of me this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Supernatural Empowerment. Amen.

No comments: