Monday, June 12, 2017

Galatians 5:22-23 - "Joy"

Yesterday was full of blessings but one of the biggest was hearing Ben preach. When he was talking about how he knew he would sit under the ministry of his children one day, I swelled with pride. I love how God orchestrated him preaching on the exact weekend we were in Ohio. What a blessing! He preached about the fruit of the Spirit and asked if they showed through us. If not, they should. He shared about how Miss Evelyn and her cousin Abbie started a prayer ministry where they not only have a poster up for prayer requests but they go around asking people if they can pray for them and then pray right then. These are children doing what we all need to be doing. He said the hardest thing for a parent is to look in the mirror. A parent knows their children are going to follow their example. If the right attitude doesn't show in a parent, it probably will not show in their children. It was a sermon that was God-led and one that stepped on toes. It was challenging and hopefully motivated everyone who heard it. I know I did not always make the best decisions as a parent but I grateful for the way my boys grew up to be godly men. What a blessing they are to me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of this weekend with seeing friends and family. Thank You for the safe travel You granted us over many miles. Thank You for the safe travel You will bless Doc with today. Lord, I pray for the fruit of Your Spirit to show through me in my words, attitude, and actions. I pray for more of You and less of me. Lord, I also pray for the newlyweds as they travel on their honeymoon and begin their married life. Bless them in abundance. Father, You are so awesome in the way You bless us. You are so wonderful in giving us the desires of our heart. May we never forget to bless You back. Thank You for being My Greatest Blessing! Amen.

No comments: