Friday, June 9, 2017

Psalm 121 - "Good, Good Father"

Psalm 121 ends with these words...


I can relate to these words so well after traveling over seven hundred miles yesterday on a road with a bunch of crazies. There were so many vehicles across the middle line into our lane, it was crazy. But the Lord protected us. Praise His Holy Name! So many times He protects even from things we are not aware of. I think about how many times I know He has protected me by keeping my mouth shut when I could have said something hurtful to someone. Or how many times He protected me from getting sick when I worked as Medical Chaplain. The list goes on and on with things I know of but I am sure there are many more things He did not let me know about. He is a "Good, Good Father" and I am blessed to be His Daughter. Today there is a friend is going through services for her dear mother who passed this week. Another friend is going through the calling hours for his wife who passed. These people know the Lord and will depend upon Him for strength but today will still be difficult for them. They will be happy in the memories that will be shared with them of their loved one but they will be sad knowing they are no longer with them to make new memories. They will be happy knowing their loved one is no longer in pain and misery on this earth but they will be sad in knowing there will no longer be visits to the nursing home to see them. They will rejoice in knowing their loved one is in a new body, no longer dealing with the junk of this world but they will be jealous of that fact too. I know I am jealous of those who have left this earth but I also know the Lord has me here to do His work. I think of my friend who was in a horrific accident this week being hit by a semi going sixty miles an hour. He was truly protected by the Lord with being released from the hospital that night with only scrapes, abrasions and soreness. God is not done with him yet. He still needs him on this earth to work for Him. I think of the teenager killed in the car accident a couple nights ago. God may have protected him from something horrific by taking him now. We just never know but we do need to praise His Holy Name for His protection over us. He also protects those who do not believe in Him. He desires all to believe so He keeps people safe to give them another chance to accept Him. He protects those who have fallen out of relationship with Him so they too will have the opportunity to come back. He is a "Good, Good Father" and loves us greatly.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of safe travels yesterday. Thank You for continued blessings of safe travel over the next nine days. Lord, You are so awesome in the way You protect us not only from physical issues but also mental and emotional issues. Father, I pray for the Stroud and Gray Families today as they go through these tough days of the loss of their loved one. I also pray for the Baluza Family with these tough days with Carlos' heart issues. Be so very real to all of these dear people. Lord, I pray for an abundance of Your strength today as we do more travel and have the wedding rehearsal. Guard our words and actions...be the words on our lips and actions in our steps. Fill us to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You instead of us. Thank You Jesus for being Our Protector.

No comments: