Sunday, June 4, 2017

John 11:35 - "Tears"


I woke up to "Tears" that Matt Hammitt sings going through my mind...

Just let 'em fall, like healing rain
Watch the walls, start crumbling
Let your heart beat, and feel the weight
You've carried disappear


Just let 'em fall, right down your face
Hit the ground, in a pool of grace
And feel the things, you haven't felt for years
That's why God made tears


It is pretty appropriate after having two deaths yesterday of ladies from Orrville pass into the arms of Jesus. Even though there is comfort in knowing they are out of pain there is still the loss for their family and friends of them not being here with them. Today will be the first day they awake without their mother/grandmother. One's husband is still living so it is his first day without making the trip to the nursing home to spend time with his wife. Another husband is preparing for a memorial service for his dear wife today. A wife of another man from my hometown is preparing for her husband's service tomorrow. When I opened my computer this morning, I saw the death of a man I went to school with. All five of these people were suffering from a disease. Four of the five had a personal relationship with the Lord and I pray the fifth one did too. This morning I am praying for all of these families to realize the Lord's strength in a whole new way. I also pray they will not look to their tears as weakness but as His strength in them. Jesus showed emotion with tears as he ministered to Lazarus' sisters and friends. He showed compassion with His tears and His words. He gives us the example of how we are to love on those who are hurting as we take on their hurt ourselves. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You Father for tears that cleanse our spirits. Thank You for Your strength to get through tough days when a loved one dies. Thank You for being who You are in my life. If there is anything between You and I Father, please remove it. Wash me white as snow so I can hear Your Voice in order to live out Your will. I pray for my dear sister in Christ who You had me pray for during the night. Give her boldness in her preaching this morning. I also pray the same for all pastors. I pray for a true Pentecost Sunday in churches this morning. Oh how wonderful that would be to experience on this earth! Break down barrier walls that need broken down in churches. Mend relationships that need mended and bring people into a whole new life with You. Father, there are some pastors who need to experience life in a mighty way. There are some church leaders who need it. There are some 'pew warmers' who need it. We all need such an experience! I pray You will be my hands, feet and mouth throughout this day in a mighty way! I pray I will not only hear Your Voice but I will be obedient. Thank You Jesus for being Our Example. Amen.


No comments: