Monday, June 19, 2017

Psalm 138:1-3; II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; James 1:2-4 - "Even If"


Sometimes life gets tough. It is not all a bed of roses. Instead it is a pile of doctor bills. There are times when you sit and think 'if only I had better insurance or more money' but then you stop yourself because that is not the life God has you walking. So you stop thinking the 'what ifs' and start praying for the 'what is' situation. The prayers are asking for wisdom on how to pay the bills. They are asking for peace in the midst of the 'junk' of life. They are prayers for the Lord to reveal what to do in a situation that seems impossible. Psalm 138 gives me encouragement to not give up but instead to praise Him through life. Verses one through three show me to be thankful. Verses four through six remind me that You are well aware of our situation. Verse eight is the icing on the cake. It reads, "Finish what you started in me, God. Your love is eternal—don’t quit on me now." As I am faithful, He will be return the faithfulness. He already knows the outcome. Therefore, I need to not fret but instead I need to continue to walk in His way and allow Him to take care of things. I need to remember II Timothy 1:7 that tells me He gives me a spirit of power, love and self-control instead of fear. I need to remember Philippians 4:13 that He is my strength. I need to remember James 1:2-4 that trials such as this will draw me deeper in my faith when I persevere through them. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all You do for me. Thank You for loving me and blessing me so greatly. Thank You for safe travels home yesterday. Thank You for giving me wisdom on the things that need accomplished today. I pray for Your supernatural empowerment to encompass me today. Be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day so people will see and hear You instead of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Mountain Mover. Amen.


No comments: