Monday, June 5, 2017

Psalm 119:25-32 - "Find You Here"


When I woke up during the night and again this morning, the Lord had these lyrics going through my mind....
Here in the middle of the lonely night, here in the middle of the losing fight, you're here in the middle of the deep regret, here when the healing hasn't happened yet. Here in the middle of the desert place, here in the middle when I cannot see your face, Here in the middle with your outstretched arms, you can see my pain and it breaks your heart.

I have been in each of these places as I know others have. Right now I can think of different ones who are struggling. No matter what our circumstances, we must remember Jesus is always with us. He never leaves us. Even when we stray from Him, He is there for us. He is with the one...

  • in the midst of a battle for her marriage
  • fighting stage four cancer
  • having family issues
  • feeling like her life is unraveling
  • experiencing death of a loved one
  • facing a possible cancer diagnosis
  • going through testing to determine future cancer treatment
  • straying in the desert as they look for God's will yet not really listening to His Voice
  • feeling overwhelmed with life
We must always remember He is in the middle of all of the things we go through in life. He does not stop them from happening because we draw closer to Him through them. I love the way this song continues...

And I didn't know I'd find you here, in the middle of my deepest fear, but you were drawing near, you were overwhelming me with peace. So I lift my voice and sing: "You're gonna carry me through everything!" And you were drawing near, you're overwhelming all my fears with peace.

I can attest to such peace. As I went through the diagnosis with my breast cancer I had a peace that made no sense. Later this month I go back for a recheck. I started feeling a bit fearful when the calendar changed to June. The Lord reminded me He was with me back in the fall with the diagnosis and He is with me now. He is in the middle of C. If He decides I need to go through more of the same, I will depend upon His peace through it. Whatever His will for my life, is what I desire. There have been many times I have felt like "a falling down barn" but there also have been times I have been at peace with knowing I am on the "road to somewhere"! The road I travel on this earth will be graced with His presence. It will be graced with Him being in control and for that reason I am at peace. His peace is found in His presence. I remember a couple years ago seeing...

No peace...No Presence
Know peace...Know Presence

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders today of Your Presence giving Your Peace. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Father, I am relying on Your Peace through the next few days that seem impossible. I do not want to miss anything You have in store for me. Please enable me to keep Your focus so I do not miss any opportunity You put before me. I pray for many who are struggling with life. I pray they will be encompassed by Your Peace in a whole new way. As Doc preached yesterday, I pray for those who are 'hiding things in a closet' they do not want to give over to You. There are so many believers who have not come to the point of living a holy life due to wanting to hold onto things of the world. Open eyes and hearts to what You have in store for them. Give them a nudge from the Holy Spirit to be released from bondage. What an awesome day it was when You released me from my 'list' issue. Woo hoo! Freedom! Be my feet, hands and mouth throughout this day in a whole new way. Thank You Jesus for being My Middle. Amen.


No comments: