Thursday, June 1, 2017

Psalm 117 - "Our God"


I woke up to these words from a song called "My God" that Jeremy Camp sings going through my mind...

My God, You are the unchanging love
My God, Your heart sends hope from above
The Great Creator, Beautiful Savior
I've been redeemed
There is life now from Your victory
You are my God (You are my God)


Yes! "There is life now from Your victory..." I do not ever want Jesus' death and resurrection to go in vain as far as my life is concerned. His love gives me hope in dark times. His love gives me empowerment to continue on in bleak times. His love gives me exactly what I need when I listen and obey. In The Message Psalm 117 says, "His love has taken over our lives; God's faithful ways are eternal." Woo hoo! When we allow Him to lead us through our life on earth, we will spend eternity with Him in heaven. Double woo hoo! That is my goal...eternity with Him. Oh how I pray for more people  to have the same goal. I pray for people to realize life is not about them but about Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning and these words from Your Word. Thank You for the encouragement they bring to me in these tough days. Lord, go before me today and be my words, actions and attitude. May You be my focus throughout the entire day. I pray for a physical healing in Doc's body. I pray for whatever is causing his issues to be taken out of his body. I also pray for whatever is causing my issues in my arm to be resolved. Lord, You are greater than pain. You are greater than anything the enemy puts in our path. As You allow these things to happen I pray You will also allow us to learn from them. Thank You Jesus for being Our God. Amen.

No comments: