Thursday, June 22, 2017

II Timothy 1:7 - "My Deliverer"


I woke up this morning singing these words from "My Deliverer" that Mandissa sings...

There's no pretending
I can't do it myself
I'm so dependent
Lord I need Your help
I'll be watchin'
I'll be waitin'
I'll be prayin'
I'll be stayin' down on my knees
That's right where You'll find me

My Deliverer, You rescued me from all that held me captive
My Deliverer, You set me free
Now I'm alive and I can live
And every moment I will give you praise

The tears immediately came to my eyes. I need delivered from fear. I know no matter what the results are from my mammogram Monday the Lord will be with me. He will be my strength. I know that. But every time it comes to my mind I start crying. I am fearful of the unknown but I need to have faith and believe. I need to know beyond a shadow of a doubt God's got this. I preach it all the time when others are in similar situations. i need to grasp it myself. I need His peace to overtake my being in a mighty way. I do not want to be fearful. I do not want to be emotional. If I don't allow Him to be my Peace soon, the next days are going to be mighty tough. I do not want to fall apart but instead I desire to lean upon His strength. Maybe the next time will be easier but this first recheck is not fun.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song that reminds me I need to be close to You in order to feel Your strength. I need to be in fellowship with You in order to be rescued from this fear that is trying to take me down. Father, I pray for Your presence to be so real to me over these next few days. I pray for more of You and less of me so this fear will be gone. Lord, be my focus today in a mighty way. Enable me to live out II Timothy 1:7. I can't even pray for You to use me today to be a beacon of light to others. I feel like I have nothing to give as I struggle myself. Father, just be real to me and show Yourself through me. Thank You for being My Deliverer. Amen.

No comments: