Friday, June 16, 2017

Psalm 129 - "Through Your Eyes"


I woke up this morning to a song Britt Nicole sings called "Through Your Eyes" and was blessed in abundance.

Cause You stood right there
And then You broke apart the lies
You told me I had something beautiful inside
You brought to life the part of me I thought had died
Cause You stood right there until I saw me
I saw me through Your eyes (Saw me)
I saw me through Your eyes (Saw me)
I saw me through Your eyes


Yes! The enemy tries to make us feel ugly when Jesus encourages us to live out what He created. He made us beautiful. He made us to feel special. Ladies are Daughters of the King who should live as such. None of us should live tearing ourselves down with our own words let alone allow others words to make us feel horrible. Yes, people will say hurtful things but we need to allow the Lord to heal us from the effects of their words. We need to allow Him to speak life in us and in turn speak life in others. Psalm 129 shows the Israelites were thankful for their deliverance (vs 1-4). We need to follow their example. They knew He would destroy their enemies and we need to realize the same (vs 5-8). He will show true love when we allow Him to love us through hurtful times...

You're lifting my head up
I was keeping my head down
I didn't know love
But I do now


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for healing when hurtful words are thrown my way! Thank You for showing me I am special in Your eyes! Lord, I pray for all to see this same thing. I pray for people to know they are special to You even when others try to tear them down. Father, there is a new day ahead. I am physically so tired and I need Your strength so I don't miss any opportunity You put before me to show Your love to others. Lord, keep my focus on You. I praise You for the way You will work in and through me today in mighty ways. Encompass me with Your supernatural empowerment throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My King! Amen.

No comments: