Saturday, June 17, 2017

Psalm 130 - "Cry Out To Jesus"


Psalm 130 is one that gives us hope in knowing when we cry out to Him and listen to His Voice we will receive healing in our soul. We must seek Him instead of seeking help from others, books, etc. He must be the One we turn to in time of need. First we must ask Him for forgiveness for anything that is between Him and us. If we don't come before Him with a clean heart, we won't be able to accept His love in the manner He desires. We must be grateful to Him for the way He cares and blesses us. One commentator writes:

"The only way of relief for a sin-entangled soul, is by applying to God alone. Many things present themselves as diversions, many things offer themselves as remedies, but the soul finds that the Lord alone can heal. And until men are sensible of the guilt of sin, and quit all to come at once to God, it is in vain for them to expect any relief. The Holy Ghost gives to such poor souls a fresh sense of their deep necessity, to stir them up in earnest applications, by the prayer of faith, by crying to God."
Sometimes the Lord makes us wait on His answer but He always is there for us. Sometimes He speaks and we don't hear because we are not in the right relationship with Him. Sometimes He speaks, we hear but we don't obey because our humanness takes over. We must wait and be obedient.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the time with family and friends yesterday. Thank You for the day ahead. I pray for the emotions of this day to not be too great for not only myself but for others in my family. I pray for peace in spirits this morning that are anything but peaceful. I pray for healing in relationships. I pray for You to use my words, actions and attitude to love on people with Your love. Lord, show through me in all I do today in a way people will see You and not me. I pray for healing in physical bodies in a way that can only be attributed to You. 
Be with my husband today in a way that can only be explained as You. Enable him to complete his route in the time needed. Give him Your peace. Thank You Jesus for being My Hope. Amen.

No comments: