Thursday, June 29, 2017

Psalm 20 - "Forgiven"


Psalm 20 encourages me to continue on the path the Lord lays before me. It encourages me in knowing when I do, He will be my Victory. Oh how I pray for more people to come into right relationship with Him. There are three categories of people I pray for...

  1. The lost who have never been in relationship with Him.
  2. Ones who were in relationship with Him but fell away.
  3. Those who have been saved yet have not taken the step of living a life of holiness.
Victory is available for all, not just some. The Lord does not discriminate nor does He play favorites. He is ready with open arms to give all exactly what they need to live on this earth so they can live with Him for eternity. It is hard sometimes to realize He desires to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of our life. He desires to be more than just our Savior. True Victory is found when we give Him our all and allow Him to give us His All. Salvation is the first step to living a life with Him. Sanctification is the second step that gives freedom in a mighty way. I love the words to the song "Forgiven" and was blessed when the Lord woke me with them today...

God, I fall down to my knees
with a hammer in my hand
You look at me, arms open

Forgiven, Forgiven
Child, there is freedom
From all of it
Say goodbye to every sin
You are forgiven

The freedom received when one accepts the Lord into their heart is awesome but the freedom received when one takes the next step is indescribable. One no longer has to worry about whether they are doing what the Lord desires because with Him in total control you will have the desire to follow Him. You will not only be able to hear His Voice but You also will walk in obedience to what He says. Victory is found through such a life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace! Thank You for drawing me deeper into a life of holiness. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead today. I pray You will shine through me in a mighty way. Be my words, actions, attitude and focus throughout this day. Whatever lies ahead with the oncologists is in Your hands. You already know the outcome and for that I am grateful. I do not have to fear their words because I know Your Word tells me I will have Victory as I live for You. Woo hoo! Father, I especially pray for our friend's brother who had a heart attack last night. I pray first of all for his spiritual needs. I pray for His family as they support him. I also pray for our friend who was released from the hospital after his accident. I pray You will be very real to him through the tough days ahead. May both of these men feel Your strength in a new way. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.



No comments: