Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Psalm 139:7-16 - "Psalm 139"

Psalm 139 is one of my favorites. Verses seven through sixteen talk about how God is always present in our lives. I was telling my Momma the other day about how when we speak things it gives the enemy a chance to hear them and act upon them. He is not capable of being everywhere the way God is nor is he capable of hearing everything as God does. He cannot know our thoughts as God does either. God knows and sees all. I especially love verses thirteen and fourteen...
When Ben was in the womb, he was healed from an open spine. His life would have been so different had the Lord not healed him. Today he is a healthy husband, father of four plus, gifted preacher who seeks to do the will of God. As the verse says about God, "your works are wonderful..." God chose Ben not only once but twice for a healing in his physical body. He was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in high school but the Lord healed him from it. Once again I can say of God, "your works are wonderful..." Everything God does in and through our lives has a purpose. We must realize what our purpose on this earth is if we want to live with Him for eternity. We must seek Him wholly in order to fulfill the purpose He has for us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from Psalm 139 this morning. Thank You for healing my 'baby' not once but twice. Thank You for blessing him and his family this week with a time of vacation. Thank You for giving them safety as they travel. Father, I pray You will continue to work in and through Ben and Emily. I praise You for the way You are using Miss Evelyn with her prayer ministry. It blesses this Grandma's heart to hear how she is praying with people at the age of nine. I can only imagine what great things You have in store for her. Father, I pray You will use me to do great things for You today. Be my words, actions, attitude and focus throughout this day. Be greater than me so people will see and hear You instead of me today. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant. Amen.

No comments: