Friday, June 23, 2017

Psalm 145 - "Battles"

David went through many Psalms of lamenting. Psalm 145 is one of praise to God. When I received the reminder phone call about Monday's appointment, fear started creeping in again. I refuse to allow it. I will praise Him instead. I will praise Him for safety on the road today, a nice lunch with my honey to celebrate a belated Father's Day, the beautiful creation we saw for the first time....the list goes on and on! Plain and simple. I will praise Him. Verses one and two have four 'I wills' in them..."I will extol You, my God, O King; And I will bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You. And I will praise Your name forever and ever." (NKJV). Yes!!!! He desires to hear our praises. I love verses seventeen through twenty-one of this chapter.

Woo hoo! He never will leave me. That is definitely something to praise Him for! He hears my prayers...actually He knows my thoughts. That is another thing to praise Him for! Oh how I need to draw nearer to Him over these next few days. I need to feel His supernatural strength flowing in and through me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this day and for the ways You showered us with Your love. Thank You for time with my honey. Lord, I pray for a supernatural healing in his body. I pray for strength for him tomorrow with the route. I also pray for peace in his spirit. Lord, I pray the same for myself. Fill us to overflowing with Your strength. Empower me to not be fearful. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise. Amen.


No comments: