Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Psalm 119:1-8 - "I Got Saved"


I woke up during the night and again this morning to the words of "I Got Saved" that Selah sings...

The chains of the past
Are broken at last
I got saved
Oh I got saved

I'm undone by the mercy of Jesus
I'm undone by the goodness of the Lord
I'm restored and made right
He got ahold of my life
I've got Jesus
How could i want more

Woo hoo! Yes! I love this song! When one accepts Jesus into their heart, life changes. But that is only the first step. The second work of grace is where life changes again. That is when we take the step to living a life of holiness. It is when life changes to being no longer our desires but His desires. In His presence is where we not only hear His Voice but we walk in obedience to His will. That is where true peace is found. The first eight verses of Psalm 119 are about when one has the experience of walking a life with Christ. When one walks this way of life, the blessings are great. In my life the greatest blessing of all is knowing I am living in His will. One commentary says when we live such a life it truly is walking His Holy Spirit. The only way to do such a thing is to accept His love, mercy and grace. He writes:

"The pardoning mercy of God in Christ, is the only source of a sinner's happiness. And those are most happy, who are preserved most free from the defilement of sin, who simply believe God's testimonies, and depend on his promises. If the heart be divided between him and the world, it is evil. But the saints carefully avoid all sin; they are conscious of much evil that clogs them in the ways of God, but not of that wickedness which draws them out of those ways. The tempter would make men think they are at them out of those ways. The tempter would make men think they are at liberty to follow the word of God or not, as they please. But the desire and prayer of a good man agree with the will and command of God. If a man expects by obedience in one thing to purchase indulgence for disobedience in others, his hypocrisy will be detected; if he is not ashamed in this world, everlasting shame will be his portion. The psalmist coveted to learn the laws of God, to give God the glory."

That is exactly what I want to do. I want my life to glorify the Lord. I do not want Jesus' death on the cross to go in vain. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for the work of grace. Thank You for the opportunities You provided yesterday for me to share Your love and the opportunities head today. Thank You for all that was accomplished yesterday. Lord, You know what is on my plate for today. It is too full but I don't want to miss any opportunity You give me. Please enable me to keep my focus on You. Keep me strong so the enemy does not use the busyness to take my eyes off of You in anyway. Father, I pray for the one who is awaiting medical testing for biopsies and for one who is awaiting other medical testing results. Will You also give wisdom to the one You gave me a Scripture to share? Lord, continue to be my thoughts, words, actions and most of all focus throughout this day. Be greater than me. Be my strength. Thank You Jesus for being My Lord of Lords. Amen.

No comments: