Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Psalm 128 - "Blessings"

Many years ago, actually twenty-three years ago, Dr. Berke asked me what my goal was in taking the shots/medicine for the MS. They were not to rid my body of the disease but rather to slow the progression down. My words, "I want to play with my grand babies without being in a wheelchair." There have been many times I have been in a wheelchair. There have also been many times where I had to use a walker or cane. But then there have been many times where I am functioning on my own strength. Sometimes it is easier than others to function but God is always my strength. His strength is there for me not only physically but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Last night was a fun night playing with Miss Bella. We played board games, different games with the ball, etc. We also had a time of rest with our ice water. I love to hear her laugh and am thankful she does it often. I also love to feel her sweet hugs. She asked me when I first got there if she could give me a hug for Papa Doc. Of course, I said yes! After supper we had fun face timing with him. It has been difficult being so far away from family. I am so blessed this week having time to be with them. This morning as I read Psalm 128 I was once again blessed...


We, as parents, have the responsibility to raise our children in the ways of the Lord. In turn, they will follow our example and raise their children doing the same. God will bless our efforts. That does not mean life will be a bed of roses with our children always doing everything they should nor that they will never do wrong. Those instances are how we grow in our relationship with the Lord. We also must praise the Lord throughout life. I praise Him in abundance for this time with my grand babies. 

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for the time with friends and family yesterday. Thank You for the day ahead when I will spend time with family. Lord, You bless me in abundance and I am so grateful. I pray You will give me safety in my travel today. I also pray for an abundance of strength. I ask for You to be my words, actions and attitude throughout this day. Be greater than me in all I do. I pray for Miss Bev who is in the hospital. Touch her Lord with a healing. Be with her family in a special way during these tough days. Lord, I also pray for Doc today as we are apart. Give him a special dose of Your love. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.

No comments: