Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Psalm 118:24 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fall)"


I woke up thinking about the words of Psalm 118:24. I have much to rejoice about and pray for those who cannot rejoice. Everyone has a choice in life to see the cup half empty or to see it half full. One can either give up in a tough situation or fight in the Lord's strength. There is always someone who is going through a tougher time than the one you are going through. I think of an old friend who just lost her mother a few weeks ago and the ones who lost their mother yesterday. They are facing their first Christmas without Momma around. I praise the Lord my Momma is still with us. I think of the one who is discouraged about their cancer treatment scheduling being messed up and am grateful mine will begin today with a known completion date. Most of all I wonder how anyone can ever survive the mountains and valleys of life without the Lord. I am grateful for my relationship with Him. Someone asked me not long ago why I go through so much with my great faith. My response was, "My great faith is because He is with me every step of the way." If life were perfect, one wouldn't need the Lord. If there were never any trials to figure out, I would have all the answers. Therefore, I would have no need for His guidance. I am grateful for the trials in life bring me deeper in my walk with Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the promptness of the radiation mapping! Thank You for the peace You have given us with going this direction. Lord, I pray You will be so very real to me today as I go for the first treatment. I also pray for people who are not in relationship with You to come to know You. I pray for those who are pretending their relationship is OK when in fact they need to surrender some of the things in their life to You. Lord, use me to make a difference in people's spiritual lives. Fill me to overflowing so people will see and hear You through me. I love You so much and am so grateful for the way You love on me! Thank You for being My Everything! Amen.

No comments: